Skip to content

Life Stealer *spoiler

Was the dagger Jon used to kill Skie a reference to the dagger he has at the end of ascension?

Comments

• nomadmercnomadmerc Member Posts: 48
    Unsure if they were/are the same but would make sense.
  • WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55
    I never played Ascension, so: dunno.

But!

My take was that the ending sets up a new Baldur's Gate game (not starring the Bhaalspawn) where the Council sends a protagonist on a quest to recover the dagger and restore Skie's soul.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I thought they said the dagger was Soultaker which is the dagger you retrieve in durlag's dungeon
  • minsc4prezminsc4prez Member Posts: 105

I thought they said the dagger was Soultaker which is the dagger you retrieve in durlag's dungeon
    I feel there has been alot of confusion about the name of the knife. I'm not saying it is the same Knife ,but you get a +4 knife called the Life Stealer after killing Jon at th end of Ascension,

But seeing as Ascension a just a mod and technically non-canon, i was just wondering if the knife
    used to kill Skie in Tob
    was a reference to that
    nif.jpg 208.3K
  • minsc4prezminsc4prez Member Posts: 105
    Or maybe i'm just making this connection up in my head because i wanted to see a happy resolution for poor Skie haha
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320

Yeah both are called soultaker daggers.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Dummied out content suggests that Life-Stealer +4 is Artemis Entreri's dagger and he was supposed to show up in Chapter 6 of SoA if you recruited Drizzt.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    edited April 2016

THIS. How it ended in the hands of the Hooded Man is somethingnot explained
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    helmo1977 said:

THIS. How it ended in the hands of the Hooded Man is somethingnot explained
    The Dagger IS stolen from you at the end of TOSC by the cultists, whatever happens to the dagger after those events is unexplained.

Jon is a powerful mage, acquiring the dagger was likely, not a difficult task.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    If you do the Aec'Letec quest through, the cultists destroy the dagger to release the demon. Either there's more than one, or else it's basically assuming you never did that whole quest.
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    Or it is aother dagger that Joneleth stole when he was in Suldanessallar or find after his and Bodhi escape