Skip to content

Reputation Gained from Temples Costs Significantly More

It seems that the amount of gold needed to gain reputation points at temples has been changed since the new patch. While it used to cost 500+ gold to increase a parties reputation value from a 1 to a 2, it now costs much more. Is this a bug or has the necessary amount of gold to obtain reputation points been increased? Upon hitting a reputation of 1 I had my party donate 2000 gold coins at once but still could not raise my reputation. Using the console I was able to donate ~1,000,000 coins and generate an increase, but that seems a little bit hefty of a price for a single point. Has anyone else had similar problems with this?

Comments

• DiableristDiablerist Member Posts: 16
    Works fine for me, raising from Rep 5 to 6 for 500 gold.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2016
    Check the Adventurer's Guide, the values and lot's of useful info is listed there. I think the game's still using the same values as before:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49871/get-your-siege-of-dragonspear-manuals-here#latest
  • RumorsGuildRumorsGuild Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2016
    I can confirm from experience.
    To go from 9 to 10, a 200 gp donation.
    From 10 to 11, now 300 gp.
    From 11 to 12, now 500 gp.
    From 12 to 13, 800.

Annoyed that it wasn't in the notes for 2.0.
    Post edited by RumorsGuild on
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    Yeah getting from 6 to 7 cost me more than the listed amount too.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    You can always just keep the 1 reputation and slay everything that comes your way? So...so much fun...and tons of free arrows of dispelling!
  • flekeldanzarflekeldanzar Member Posts: 6
    So I think that they've updated the donation system to follow IWD:EE's donation system. If you have a 1 reputation it used to cost 500 gold to bump it up to a 2, but it now it costs 1500 gold to bump it up to a 2. Not a super big deal if you ask me, but I haven't been able to find anything about it in the update notes that Quique sent me.

So basically:
    1 to 2 : 1,500 gold
    2 to 3 : 1,200 gold
    3 to 4 : 1,200 gold
    And so on.

A party used to be able to bolster their reputation from the lowest possible value to an eight or a nine with approximately 2,000 gold. It now costs about 6,000 gold to do the same thing with the new system.