Skip to content

SPOILERS - Possible bug Dwarves of Dumathoin

Hello All.

I started the Dwarves of Dumathoin and upon first entry i accidentally killed the 3 dwarves fighting the undead. Now the quest appears to tell me "I should return to the dwarves and tell them what i know about coldhearth" but the dwarves are dead.

I did speak with the Dwarf outside and notified him that his companions were dead, he is now nowhere to be found.

Any thoughts on how to progress quest ?

Comments

• InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2016

Hello All.

I started the Dwarves of Dumathoin and upon first entry i accidentally killed the 3 dwarves fighting the undead. Now the quest appears to tell me "I should return to the dwarves and tell them what i know about coldhearth" but the dwarves are dead.

I did speak with the Dwarf outside and notified him that his companions were dead, he is now nowhere to be found.

Any thoughts on how to progress quest ?

If you haven't found or fought Coldhearth yet, you might be able to turn the dwarves amulets in to him to claim his reward. Just be sure not to have Edwin in your party when you do that, as there's currently a bug that prevents you from relieving the reward if he is.

Alternatively, just reload to before you killed them. ;)
  • shabushabushabushabu Member Posts: 15
    I could turn them in i have 3 of them.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261

I could turn them in i have 3 of them.
    You will need 5 of them if you don't want Coldhearth to become hostile, anything less then 5 and you have fight on your hands.

I have found 4, 3 off the dwarves inside and 1 i think i looted from a chest inside. Not sure where 5 is though
  • forumguy5272forumguy5272 Member Posts: 37
    Maybe a bug with the journal not updating correctly, but you should be able to finish this. There were 5 amulets total, 3 on the dwarves and 2 that you find.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    The 5th amulet is in the south corridor on the first level of the dungeon.

You can actually get the reward with edwin in your party if you choose the right dialog options as I pointed on this thread.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49998/spoiler-quest-dwarves-of-dumathoin/p2
    Hey GUys i did finish, thank you for all of your help !