Skip to content

How do you access the Deluxe Edition Soundtracks on a Mac?

Hello,

I pre-ordered the SoD Deluxe Edition for Mac earlier this year.

I just received the notification about the SoD release with download links for both, Windows and Mac downloaders, great!

But: How am I supposed to access the Deluxe Edition Soundtracks? According to the notification mail, these are available only through the Beamdog Client, but that application is only available for Windows???
wisebird

Comments

• EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    +1 on this. I've been unable to find the music myself, as I intend to put the music on my phone straight away. I bought the Deluxe Edition for precisely that reason.
    wisebird
  • wisebirdwisebird Member Posts: 5
    Same here
  • SignhildSignhild Member Posts: 6
    A solution to this would be great. I would like to have access to what I have purchased, even if I have a Mac.
    wisebirdMaxoon
  • MaxoonMaxoon Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2016
    Still no word of a solution??? I e-mailed the support address last night. Still NO response. Guessing I won't have one all weekend either... I tweeted at Steam asking about this issue. They told me to e-mail support :neutral:

SO BASICALLY THEY DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THIS ISSUE AT ALL AND HAVE NO CONTINGENCY PLAN. For now we get nothing is what the silence in response means to me.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Hey guys, sorry this thread has been ignored so long. With as many posts as this place is getting recently there are things that slip through the cracks.

Please note: I am not a definitive answer on this topic even though I'm blue. This is not my area of responsibility at all and my answer is not anywhere close to official. That said...

I think they're working on the distribution of the Soundtracks at this point. No, you didn't pay for something you won't get...even EA isn't THAT bad guys...cut us a little slack. :)

I suspect more information will be available very soon...and not "a patch is coming" kind of soon either. As it's late Beamdog, I wouldn't stay up all night for it, but I would keep my eyes open for some kind of announcement in the very near future.

If I get something official, I'll try to track this thread back down and post it here, but given the fluidity of this board with the release of SoD no promises.
    EnialusMeliamneBariTony
    Well, hallelujah a response from someone! Thanks for the input Illydth and for confirming that it won't be resolved right away as I had suspected. At least now we can confirm where we stand on this. Guess I'll have to bump these tunes at the D&D game after this next one. Bummer.

To digress like a true thread should, I have another question. How can we get the other soundtracks if we want them? Like Icewindale. Someone told me that if you have a program you can basically download the audio from YouTube and splice the album. But I myself like quality audio and am willing to pay for this. So how can we purchase more tunes? You probably don't know I am assuming, but thanks for reading anyhow!
    You're correct, I don't know. And I would discourage you from "splicing youtube" or some such as I believe (though I'm no lawyer either) that would be copyright infringement.

IWD Soundtrack would be awesome as well, and as we said on the live stream the other day: We are always interested in hearing the community's requests for what they want. I recommend drumming up support the old fashioned way...

Post another thread! :)
    EnialusMeliamneBariTony
  • BariTonyBariTony Member Posts: 7
    Illydth, thanks for responding. I know you guys have done an awesome job on SoD and some folks were getting frustrated with the launch. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to actually acknowledge a custoner's complaint. I'm glad to hear that you're working on it and am sure that Beamdog will have a solution soon.
    Still no solution to this? Haven't gotten a single response from customer service. Has anyone else heard anything?
    @Maxoon I've got a message popped into internal chat at this point. Let me see if I can track down what's going on.

There's nothing I can DO About it, obviously, but at minimum I can follow up and see what I can see. Hang tight.
    edited April 2016
    Hopefully, I can help with this. A few days ago, I logged into my Beamdog account, and on the left hand side of the page there was a soundtrack button. I was able to download the soundtrack straight away, then import to iTunes with ease. See screen shot attached which displays what my account page looked like.

Maxoon
    I don't see that same thing when I log in to my account.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

Hopefully, I can help with this. A few days ago, I logged into my Beamdog account, and on the left hand side of the page there was a soundtrack button. I was able to download the soundtrack straight away, then import to iTunes with ease. See screen shot attached which displays what my account page looked like.

I was just about to point this out myself.

@BariTony did you buy the Deluxe Edition or the Collector's Edition? That button will only show for the Deluxe Edition.
    EnialusMeliamne
    edited April 2016
    Collectors edition. Does anyone know if that means you don't get to download the soundtracks if you bought the collectors edition? That would mean you paid more money and got less, which isn't cool!
    Illydth said:

@Maxoon I've got a message popped into internal chat at this point. Let me see if I can track down what's going on.

There's nothing I can DO About it, obviously, but at minimum I can follow up and see what I can see. Hang tight.

Any update on how long shall we be hanging tight? :smile:

Maxoon
    EnialusMeliamne has the solution above. You have to log on to your Beamdog account and then click on the Dragonspear icon at the top. That will lead to the page where the button is on the left side (as shown in the picture that EnialusMeliamne posted). I'm downloading now. Thanks EnialusMeliamne! The music has finally reached my ears! Such great music!
    EnialusMeliamne
    That works for digital deluxe only, not for CE
    Maxoon said:

EnialusMeliamne has the solution above. You have to log on to your Beamdog account and then click on the Dragonspear icon at the top. That will lead to the page where the button is on the left side (as shown in the picture that EnialusMeliamne posted). I'm downloading now. Thanks EnialusMeliamne! The music has finally reached my ears! Such great music!

You're most welcome. I'm glad it aided someone. Happy listening and gaming!
    Maxoon