Skip to content

thieves and crossbows

XantarrXantarr Member Posts: 16
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
In the original Baldur's Gate, pure thieves could not use any crossbows.

However, in ToTSC, they could at least use light crossbows.

So, what about in BG:EE?

(Fingers crossed that I can equip Imoen with a Light Crossbow of Speed!)

Comments

• Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2012
    Well, we will be using the BG2 system, so I guess so.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Thieves could use light crossbows in BG1 even in the original. I remember speccing and equipping some. Its just very few thieves actually have a point in them.
  • XantarrXantarr Member Posts: 16
    @Dragonspear I can confirm that they could not use them originally, at least unmodded and without TotSC installed.

@Fake_Sketch However, the fact that we are using the BG2 system as you say gives me hope. That being said the only concern I have is that the original item descriptions for light crossbows specifically listed thieves as being unable to use them. Hopefully they have also caught and remedied this, should you be correct (and I'm betting you are).
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yeah I'm pretty much completely positive that Thieves will be able to equip Light Crossbows in BG:EE. You're in luck!

I always thought it was fun to give Imoen both the Light Crossbow of Speed, too. Even more awesome? Montaron with Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy. Pure win.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Thieves and Crossbows
    not a bad name for some cheap tv show:)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited September 2012
    Xantarr said:

(Fingers crossed that I can equip Imoen with a Light Crossbow of Speed!)

The LC of S was the best weapon in BG1 IMO. I could pump almost spellcaster with poison bolts before he had a chance to get off any spells, and the poison would prevent him from casting spells for the next several rounds.