Skip to content

My take on the controversy

_Loki__Loki_ Member Posts: 1
Hello,

I have greatly enjoyed the Baldur's Gate games throughout my youth. I don't think I ever finished either of them, but I finished Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment. Planescape Torment especially was one of the best games I ever played. I am very much in the Anti-SJW crowd. I despise their bullying tactics of harassing developers into making changes to their games against their will. I believe strongly that people who make videogames are artists and they should be allowed to make whatever game they want. So naturally I have been horrified by the behavior of my allies in this controversy. They are using precisely the same bullying tactics to force their beliefs on you, and I am mortified that it worked. That is your game, you have the right to make it into whatever you want. Nobody should tell you that you should change it. If you want to make jokes about Gamergate and include a trans character in your game that is entirely your own business. It's your game, not theirs. If they want something different they should make their own game. All these worthless, talentless people who gang up together and try to bully developers into making the game they want because they don't know how to do it on their own. They have no conception of how difficult it is to make something like this. Their ideas are poison. They cannot create anything, they can only ruin what others have created. If you want to listen to feedback, that is a good thing, but it should not be compulsory.

I am sorry for the behavior of my compatriots.

Have a nice day,
-Squee

PS: I am sorry if that was overly harsh, hopefully it did not infringe on the code of conduct. I don't want to get into a protracted debate, I just want to say my piece and go. Incidentally if you enjoy games like Planescape Torment you should check out The Age of Decadence.

Comments

• Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Hello friend. There are surely many discussions on this issue already so your thoughts might be better served there. However I am interested to discuss Age of Decadence more. What kind of character did you like playing through with most? I'm partial to the Loremaster myself.