Skip to content

UI Movies

TraycorTraycor Member Posts: 33
I would like to replace the spark animation over the SoD logo with something not generated with After Effects plugins. I can see that it is referencing a movie file called, "flames".

The other movies are in WebM format, but I can't find the "flames" file in NearInfinity to check it for myself and it isn't in the movies folder of the install. I tried dropping a WebM movie with alpha into the override folder, but the game still uses the original movie. Anyone have any insight on how to find what would change this?

As a side note, I want to disable the Quotes before BG1 & SoD when selected in the menu. Been digging, but haven't figured out what line is calling for those.

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    "flames.wbm" is hidden in one of the SoD-specific BIFF files. Use the latest Near Infinity release and look for the file in the WBM folder. The override folder should work fine. Just make sure to call the file "flames.wbm".
  • TraycorTraycor Member Posts: 33
    edited April 2016
    That was it! Thanks. Sadly, it seems that including an alpha channel for a .wmb movie requires some kind of crazy conversion that can't be done in Adobe Media Encoder (even with a webm plugin).

@Dee Can anyone at Beamdog tell me what tools were used to convert the video with an alpha channel? I assume it will be super easy once I know the right tool to use. (I'm familiar with codec settings and such already)
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    We used ffmpeg with pngs containing an alpha channel.
    Sweet, thanks!
    Wow! Finally figured it out but that took hours! ffmpeg is crazy. I've never converted video using coded command prompts. Much props to whomever at Beamdog got that stuff working.