Skip to content

Party question

My protagonist is an elven assassin. Right now my party consists of Minsc, Corwin, Glint, M'Khiin, and Dynaheir. I want to keep all the new NPCs so I can see how they play. But I really feel like I need another tank or melee NPC in the group. Too many ranged or squishy's. Anyone running something similar and having good luck?

Comments

• Granas3Granas3 Member Posts: 41
    I was kinda similar, though my CHARNAME was a paladin, so less squishy, and neera instead of M'khinn. I don't think running all the NPCs at once is really viable, or even MEANT to be so, you choose the ones which complement your character and playstyle. I'd say you had a pretty good party their for all situations.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited April 2016
    I am playing a halfling kensai, with Minsc, Dynaheir, Corwin and Glint. I first had M'Khiin but switched her for Voghiln. He can make a pretty decent defensive tank with stoneskin and mirror image. Also he complements Dynaheir who cannot cast Enchantment spells. I used EE Keeper to change his sprite to look like a fighter, and replaced his bracers of armor with elven chain, so he looks more like a viking and less like a dwerb in a hoody. My team is pretty squishy, but my kensai has 130 HP and we have the ioun stone that regenerates. I exported a saved game so I also have a lot of cool gear from BG1.

Glint and M'Khiin are redundant in my opinion. Two small healer types with limited combat abilities. I will keep the goblin for my second playthrough. Since you play a thief class, you mey want to keep the goblin instead of the gnome, but both are good.
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    In the group I'd add Viconia for a good cleric
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I had a similar problem, I originally wanted to take Voghiln along in addition to druid Charname, M'Khiin and Glint (screw Corwin, I hate the Flaming Fist too much >:( ). But he completely broke my party balance, so I benched him for Minsc and Dynaheir. Just play the game twice, I guess :/
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    ussnorway said:

In the group I'd add Viconia for a good cleric

Viconia is a bad good cleric though she is a good evil cleric :p
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    Thanks for the tips. Yea I have to keep Glint since my poor assassin has terrible open locks and find trap scores. I've just had a few issues in combat with Minsc being the only front line character. But yea it does sound like trying to run with all of them is hard to do. I'm only in the beginning and haven't come across Voghiln yet. My only other melee option right now is Rasaad.
  • mikklemikkle Member Posts: 39
    I have question connected a bit to the topic so I'm gonna ask if I may (haven't played the game yet): can we have a complete evil party in SoD? That's what I was always playing in the original games since I dislike good characters.
    As far as I know the evil party can be:

1) charname
    2) Viconia
    3) Edwin
    4) Dorn
    5) Safana (she's neutral so let's say she suits here, since the evil deficit is real)
    6) ???

The cleric/thief one may be neutral right? But I want cleric/mage charname for whole saga so it would be nonsense with 3 clerics. Some tanky character would be good since Dorn has no HP bonus. But seems like there's no one like it evil. was thinking about jaheira but she's practically good.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Party question? I'm pretty sure the answer is 'Tequila'!
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    mikkle said:

The cleric/thief one may be neutral right?

The new cleric/thief Glint is Neutral Good. There is Baeloth who is evil. The goblin shaman is neutral. She can do sommoning to compensate for lack of tanks.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited April 2016
    @mikkle
    Baeloth. Pick Baeloth. Do it.
    No party like a black pits party.