Skip to content

Who are the new NPCs?

Pretty much the title.

I read the manuals and i just want a briefing with the basic data of each NPC. Can someone help me in this?

Comments

• aleks922aleks922 Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2016
    Here are two that are currently in my party:
    Voghiln

Corwin

There are two more NPCs...
    EDIT:
    M'Khiin

Glint

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Do you know the name of them all @aleks922? I intend to run several BG games to prepare import saves.
    kamuizin said:

Do you know the name of them all @aleks922? I intend to run several BG games to prepare import saves.

Those are the four new companions.
    Voghiln, Corwin, M'Khiin and Glint.
    aleks922 said:

kamuizin said:

Those are the four new companions.
    Voghiln, Corwin, M'Khiin and Glint.
    Thx dude!!

4 and no new evil? A shame :(!

But ok. @Dee, another thread solved, got my answers already.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Corwin, one of the new NPCs, is actually a nice fit from having lost Kivan. She has slipped into his role very easily, with much the same gear Kivan was wearing.

Also suggest, if you're on your way to starting Siege of Dragonspear, that when you have the ability to level up Safana in the catacombs, to give her a point in Longbow.

I had Imoen using The Deadshot +2 during Baldur's Gate, and lost out on giving Safana the point to wield the longbow. So now she's just carrying it around until the next opportunity comes along to give her access to longbows.

Corwin, one of the new NPCs, is actually a nice fit from having lost Kivan. She has slipped into his role very easily, with much the same gear Kivan was wearing.

Also suggest, if you're on your way to starting Siege of Dragonspear, that when you have the ability to level up Safana in the catacombs, to give her a point in Longbow.

I had Imoen using The Deadshot +2 during Baldur's Gate, and lost out on giving Safana the point to wield the longbow. So now she's just carrying it around until the next opportunity comes along to give her access to longbows.

I was about to open another thread for this, so, which old NPCs leave the party in SoDS @Sylvus_Moonbow ?
    To my knowledge, these NPCs don't join your party:
    Ajantis, Alora, Branwen, Coran, Eldoth, Faldorn, Garrick, Imoen, Kagain, Kivan, Montaron, Quayle, Shar-Teel, Skie, Tiax, Xan, Xzar and Yeslick

At least I didn't see them...
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I lost Imoen, Kivan and Ajantis myself.

These NPCs are not available for party membership after the Catacombs in the starting area:

Ajantis
    Alora
    Branwen
    Coran * makes an appearance as an NPC.
    Eldoth
    Faldorn
    Garrick * makes an appearance as an NPC.
    Imoen * makes an appearance as an NPC.
    Kagain
    Kivan
    Montaron
    Quayle
    Shar-Teel
    Skie * makes an appearance as an NPC.
    Tiax * makes an appearance as an NPC.
    Xan
    Xzar
    Yeslick

NPCs in which return and you had in your party from BG:EE, will retain all their equipment they are wearing, while their inventory gets dumped into one big chest stash for you to sort through later.

For myself, I stripped everyone bare before exiting the first Catacomb dungeon, so I could have everything in the chest and equip new party members accordingly as I saw fit. Otherwise, you have to wait until you find those old party members again to gain access to their gear they wear.
    aleks922 said:

Ajantis, Alora, Branwen, Coran, Eldoth, Faldorn, Garrick, Imoen, Kagain, Kivan, Montaron, Quayle, Shar-Teel, Skie, Tiax, Xan, Xzar and Yeslick

Are you sure? i read a bit of suff about Skie being on SoDS...
    kamuizin said:

aleks922 said:

Are you sure? i read a bit of suff about Skie being on SoDS...
    She is in the game, but not as a companion.
  • anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
    Where can I find Voghiln?
    edited April 2016

Where can I find Voghiln?

I believe he appears
    together with Jaheira after your meeting with the Shining Lady and the destruction of bridge by the Crusaders. I can't pinpoint the exact time and place, but you will surely encounter him eventually.
  • anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
    ok. I was afraid I missed him. Good to know. Thanks