Skip to content

Problems with Legacy of Bhaal difficulty

When starting the game you get the option to select which difficulty you would like, although if you choose Legacy of Bhaal (LoB) you will not be able to change it to any other difficulty during your play-through.

Now I have a problem where the difficulty has reset when I have been playing, from LoB to Insane difficulty. I think it might have stemmed from a save problem, or loading problem, but as such I cannot change it back to LoB. I now have Debug on, and am wondering if there is a command where I can change the difficulty.

Also I have been having a problem with multiplayer. I haven't been able to start a LoB Campaign with my brother. Every time he joins it reverts to Insane difficulty. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• shawnleongshawnleong Member Posts: 6
    @Vonragnier Yeah, second this. I play multiplayer with my brother too and have never been able to start a LoB Campaign, just resets to insane.

In the end, I went screw it let's just play, though can't help but feel alittle shortchanged.
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    It's a bug currently. Mine reset to Insane too when I tried it the first time. Then the second time it worked properly.
  • VonragnierVonragnier Member Posts: 4
    @Wraith_Sarevok I've tried it a couple times and it keeps reverting, kinda frustrating especially when I get up to the 3rd chapter and have to start from the beginning
  • Ark_ToleiArk_Tolei Member Posts: 69
    I explain the problem in this post https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49808/legacy-of-bhaal-mode-workaround/p1

There's an easy workaround for the difficulty getting reset, but any time you reload the enemies are going to get messed up in the zone you're in.
  • VonragnierVonragnier Member Posts: 4
    @Ark_Tolei Thanks for that, I've given it a shot but I must've saved when it was wrongly set to Insane, so it's not reverting to LoB.
  • Kivan_DKivan_D Member Posts: 12
    The next update will fix this bug (hopefully)..until then it's unfortunately a waste of time to try LOB :/