Skip to content

2.0 mod for removing weapon restrictions?

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
I used to use Level 1 NPCs to remove weapon restrictions, but it was never made compatible for EE. Ashes of Embers worked up until 2.0, now its dead too.

Does anyone know of a mod that can remove weapon use restrictions? Or of some other way to accomplish this?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Ideally I'd like for every class to be able to wield any weapon. That's how we played AD&D 2e back in the day. There's already a proficiency system in place such that if you don't have a point in a weapon, you take -4 to hit. For my DM back in the 1990s, that was enough. So he let wizards take a proficiency point in a sword, for example.

At the least I'd like it so that fighter/clerics would wield fighter weapons like swords and bows. That, to me, is the most infuriating one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    I got the PM. Thanks!

Still, if anyone wanders by this, still looking for a mod to open all of it up.
  • eryrwyneryrwyn Member Posts: 9
    Would it be possible to get the link as well? I've been looking for such a mod the last couple of days as I reinstalled BGEE (and BG2EE) now that I bought SoD and intend to go through Black Pits 1 & 2 with an all divine party. Might as well help betatesting :smiley: