Skip to content

Ridiculous Ending

FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
What the hell beamdog? I heard about poor writing in SoD, but the ending was just ridiculous.

Ok, it was cool to see the Jon Irenicus cameo. But then him hi-fiving CHARNAME was way out of character for him. And the dialogue.
"Good job, you really speared a dragon with this siege."
Follow up Hi-five?
And the "sleep" cut scene where he captured CHARNAME. That was the SAME EXACT SCENE from BGII in Spellhold. Plus the fact that the scene happens back in baldurs gate. The whole siege was totally irrelevant to any bridging the gap between BG and BGII

Anyway. This was lazy lazy lazy lazy. One more lazy? Ok, lazy. One node deep dialogue tree for this one was two too much. As soon as this is released for Ipad and I get a chance to play it, I will be asking for my money back.

:wink:

Edit- More appropriate title.

Comments

• DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    edited April 2016
    Anyway. This was lazy lazy lazy lazy. One more lazy? Ok, lazy. One node deep dialogue tree for this one was two too much. As soon as this is released for Ipad and I get a chance to play it, I will be asking for my money back.

Uhh? So did you play it or not?

EDIT: This may be a troll, I'm going in guys!
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    edited April 2016
    Play what now? Troll!? Well detective, looks like you've got a case on you hand. Watch @DetectiveMittens going in guys in the case of "Is @FinnTheHuman troll?" :wink:

Edit: forgot the wink :blush:
    Edit2: we'll detective -> well detective. I read my own posts too much
    Post edited by FinnTheHuman on
    @FinnTheHuman Q1: Plant, Animal or Mineral?
    @FinnTheHuman Playing hard-ball I see... Q2: Do you like avocados?
    A2: Yes
    Q3: Have you, at any point in your life, considered invading the De'arnise Keep?
    A3: I'm pretty sure i was invited. Or at least, an invitation was implied.
    Why the silent treatment?
    Come on.
    Ok I confess. I never played it. I just want the attention. Is that so horrible. I'm so bored. Get on the Ipad release guys.
    Well done @DetectiveMittens. I've more than met my match in you.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Ok I confess. I never played it. I just want the attention. Is that so horrible. I'm so bored. Get on the Ipad release guys.

You're horrid.
    OMG you guys. I just heard something that made me want to voms for real.

I have it on the highest authority, that in the upcoming release of Baldur's Gate II : Enhanced Edition-Enhanced, (BGII:EE-E) that SoD is swept under the rug as dream sequence in the fevered mind of Charname while he's trapped in Irenicus' dungeon.

Yeah, that means that charname was dreaming about transgendered NPCs. Its totes obvs that Beamdog is doubling down with their SJW ridiculousness, and saying that it was us, the player, responsible for having, you know, some feelings we might not be comfortable with.
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    Thou utterest slanders most vile, surely!
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    I hear they're going to add the spell "antichickenator" to the game
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited April 2016
    @abentwookie don't forget he has a disability as well and she's openly homosexual (not bi- because for some reason that never is as much of a problem in games as just being homosexual). That reminds me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnH1Cfin9TY

EDIT: I think this satires fitting. If anyone feels offended, I'll delete it, if that person wills it.

All the men carry the blame - macho, and usually white
    they are completely responsible for all the shit,
    They govern this world and have done too much
    They carried our planet like a dog
    There's no bigger scroundrel, the response shouts
    But lesbians, black people, and handicaps can be rude too.

I met one in the grocery store
    She drove up in a wheelchair
    She shoved her way to the checkout in front
    She paid with a $1000 bill, but she was buying only 10 screws
    So what will a normal German allow in this situation?
    She badmouthed the checkout girl and everyone agreed:
    Lesbians, black people, and handicaps can be bitter too.

Outside in the parking lot,
    she raced quickly by me
    Instead of saying "Excuse Me", she bellowed just "God, are you stupid!"
    I stop for men too, except she had breasts?
    It was all spontaneous, I couldn't think of a good word to say
    I should have called "Fuck you!", it fell to me too late
    Naturally I'm not a racist;
    My head isn't blank
    And most lesbians, black people, and handicaps are all terribly nice
    But exceptions like these bend the rules
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    This topic amuses me. Although I did think the ending was a bit of a let-down, so I was slightly disappointed that this wasn't a serious thread.
    Jarrakul said:

This topic amuses me. Although I did think the ending was a bit of a let-down, so I was slightly disappointed that this wasn't a serious thread.

I apologize for not continuing the interrogation but I was at work and had work to do.

Jarrakul said:

I apologize for not continuing the interrogation but I was at work and had work to do.
    I guess I'll never know if I'm a troll or not. :frowning:
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    Lesbosian Swarthy Unabled???...
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331

@FinnTheHuman Q1: Plant, Animal or Mineral?

Plant, animal, mineral or vegetable.. I'll do anything to anything!

I wonder how many people won't realize the OP's post was satire. :open_mouth: [..]

I used a :wink: !! Ethics in posting. The way I've been going though, I should probably just replace my icon photo to a winking emoji. I have another thread about hating the UI which I'm pretty sure was taken seriously by about everyone who liked it.

I wonder how many people won't realize the OP's post was satire. :open_mouth: [..]

I used a :wink: !! Ethics in posting. The way I've been going though, I should probably just replace my icon photo to a winking emoji. I have another thread about hating the UI which I'm pretty sure was taken seriously by about everyone who liked it.
    I'm fairly certain you should just get off these forums for a while and quit wasting everyone's time.
    Although if you couldn't immediately see that the post was satire then you haven't played through to the end, and so shame on you for looking at spoilers.

I'm fairly certain you should just get off these forums for a while and quit wasting everyone's time.

I'm fairly certain you are responsible for wasting your own time.

I'm fairly certain you are responsible for wasting your own time.
    No, I'm not responsible for your actions. You created this thread. While I can choose to ignore this thread, I am not responsible for your idiocy in creating it. You also are responsible for those gullible folks who take what you're saying seriously, because they have not finished the game (and some folks did bash the ending, which adds fuel to your fire). So, no, it's actually your damn fault that for misleading those folks who may not have finished the game.

No, I'm not responsible for your actions. You created this thread. While I can choose to ignore this thread, I am not responsible for your idiocy in creating it. You also are responsible for those gullible folks who take what you're saying seriously, because they have not finished the game (and some folks did bash the ending, which adds fuel to your fire). So, no, it's actually your damn fault that for misleading those folks who may not have finished the game.

Ok. I see your point. But how about you tone it down a little?
    I think I'm a little justified in getting annoyed at what is trolling/spam. There's been enough with the SoD controversy without adding to the mix.