Skip to content

Liberal - Conservative on and off toggle option

Maybe you guys should consider adding more options in the option menu

Lesbians : On or off ( allow or remove lesbian related text and options )
Gays : On or off ( same as above )
Bisexuals : On or off ( same as above )
Transgender : On or off ( again, same as above )
Bestiality : On or off ( change all half orcs into humans, bears do not join party if dwarves are around )
Feminism : On or off ( change certain companion dialogues or keep them as they were )
Ultra feminism : On or off ( make everyone female )
Harem : On or off ( Make everyone female except our main hero )
White on black racism : On or off ( adds a few instances of modern racism )
Black on white racism : not implemented, lack of budget.
GamerGate : On or off ( make a ton of npc's criticize your every mistake constantly )
Orgies : On or off ( allows Dragon Age-esque "parties" in selected festhalls in game )
Racism : On or off ( Make everyone accept and like each other or not )
Prejudice : On or off ( Keep halflings as the thieving svifneblins they are, or make them generic )

That would solve many problems so people could play their game according to their own style.

Comments

• BillyBroBillyBro Member Posts: 62
    You think this is a bad suggestion? It would solve every problem. Everybody could play the game as they want. Or are we still shoving ideologies in everyone's throat?
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Just putting the option can be a trigger, you need to rethink your suggestion.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Personally, I'm not sure what the point of an ideology is if you're not willing to express it to other people. *shrug*
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    BillyBro said:

Or are we still shoving ideologies in everyone's throat?

Says the idiot who is saying we need to be SENSITIVE to those with differing viewpoints than the crop of writers at Beamdog, which is basically shoving YOUR OWN ideology down the throat of others.../facepalm

Get out of here, and take your bullcrap with you.

Hm. Namecalling

Says the idiot

Hm. Filling a lack of arguments with name calling, I see.
    I don't support namecalling either, but there was an argument there. The namecalling doesn't seem to be filling a lack of anything.
  • abentwookieabentwookie Member Posts: 91
    BillyBro said:

You think this is a bad suggestion? It would solve every problem. Everybody could play the game as they want. Or are we still shoving ideologies in everyone's throat?

As GamerGaters like to say, "if you don't like the game, go make your own." :open_mouth:
    edited April 2016
    BillyBro said:

Hm. Namecalling

Says the idiot

Hm. Filling a lack of arguments with name calling, I see.
    LOL, I don't need an argument when I already provided one. It's right here:

who is saying we need to be SENSITIVE to those with differing viewpoints than the crop of writers at Beamdog, which is basically shoving YOUR OWN ideology down the throat of others

Your whole premise is basically that 1) we shouldn't shove viewpoints down the throats of folks AND 2) let's avoid that "issue" by shoving a viewpoint in people's face instead.
    Offering an on and off toggle option isn't what I call "shoving in people's faces".
  • Glam_VrockGlam_Vrock Member Posts: 277
    Some of these would work better as sliders. What if I want a little bit of gay, but I feel like the default amount is too much? It's important to me that the ratio of gay to straight people in video games accurately reflects the real world.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621

Unfortunately my friend, these games are modelled on reality and reality has a well-known liberal bias

Shame. Fantasy rpgs used to be modelled on fantasy worlds, not the real world.
    50 % LGBT with 1 transgender person per RPG for the last 10 years isn't based on real life ; it is fantasy. A big, gay fantasy.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    So Asian characters will still ruin my gaming experience it seems, as there would be no option to toggle them off. You know, it's kind of racist that they are always forgotten, and that everything is black and white.
  • abentwookieabentwookie Member Posts: 91
    Rawgrim said:

Unfortunately my friend, these games are modelled on reality and reality has a well-known liberal bias

Most fantasy is still somewhat based on reality in general, whether its lord of the rings, harry potter, etc... You'll see many aspects of it that are based on the real world.
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    edited April 2016
    Rawgrim said:

..a fantasy world, Forgotten Realms, that has been described by its founder as "liberal".
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    koteko said:

Rawgrim said:

..a fantasy world, Forgotten Realms, that has been described by its founder as "liberal".
    I wasn't saying the FR setting isn't liberal. It is very liberal. Always has been. Hence why it doesn't have the real world issues. Also why stuffing political real world issues into the game feels very off.
    Philhelm said:

So Asian characters will still ruin my gaming experience it seems, as there would be no option to toggle them off. You know, it's kind of racist that they are always forgotten, and that everything is black and white.

We could add sliders to change races too. All asian, or all White, or all black, all arab, and etc.
    BillyBro said:

50 % LGBT with 1 transgender person per RPG for the last 10 years isn't based on real life ; it is fantasy. A big, gay fantasy.

That's about the LGBT ratio of people in my life (without making any overt attempt to seek out such people), and it's a lot fewer trans people. I'm not saying that's necessarily true of everyone's experience, but I suspect it's nowhere near as uncommon as you seem to imply.

Story Mode: Permanent safe space for all party members.
    Easy: Party will encounter 50% more minorities. LGBT characters take half damage.
    Core: No modifiers. NPCs may engage in unapologetic cultural appropriation.
    Hard: Party will encounter 50% fewer minorities. Straight white male characters start at level 10. All others start at level 1.
    Insane: All dialogue replaced with the word "cuck."

That does not represent the DnD world. In DnD, women are as strong as men, and so are other various LGBTQUE. Your post is inaccurate and offensive.
    edited April 2016
    It's a world where you have half-elves, half-orcs, Tieflings (rare but they exist), Genasi (again rare but they exist), etc., etc. ...is it so odd? There's so much diversity in the Forgotten Realms that it CLEARLY mirrors the real world. The actual sexuality of characters or NPCs is largely irrelevant, but ignore the fact that in such a diverse world...there wouldn't be gay or whatever characters? That's silly. Is it the norm? No, probably not. Is it a thing? Yes.

Are you free to ignore it? YES! Does SoD force you to pay attention to it? NO!
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404

Are you free to ignore it? YES! Does SoD force you to pay attention to it? NO!

Well said! :wink:
    See also. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/751134/#Comment_751134
    :tongue:

There's so much diversity in the Forgotten Realms that it CLEARLY mirrors the real world.

How about... There's so much diversity in the Forgotten Realms that it doesn't need to bring real life into it?

edited April 2016
    BillyBro said:

There's so much diversity in the Forgotten Realms that it CLEARLY mirrors the real world.

How about... There's so much diversity in the Forgotten Realms that it doesn't need to bring real life into it?

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, you do realize that some folks would read your thread and take it seriously (as opposed to dismissing it, like I did)? Threads like this are not beneficial. Just let the issue die.

And on what are elves based, exactly? Any real life examples? No. They're based on already existing elf folklore. Same for gnomes. Half elves. Orcs. Half orcs. I suppose we can say that dwarves are based on humans suffering from dwarfism. Or was dwarfism based on already existing fantasy?

And there is certainly much more fantasy to base upon and insert in DnD, enough to avoid modern, political subjects like transgender people and such. Basing ourselves on modern day problems and themes is a conscious action.
    edited April 2016
    BillyBro said:

there is certainly much more fantasy to base upon and insert in DnD, enough to avoid modern, political subjects like transgender people and such. Basing ourselves on modern day problems and themes is a conscious action.

If you played BG1 & 2 back in the day, there were references to "modern topics" from 2000. Also, D&D as a whole has always alluded to "modern subjects" at the time. Sexuality was largely avoided outside of specific story instances, because WotC didn't want to emphasize it.

This discussion has been closed.