Skip to content

Diversity in your party

2»

Comments

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Lmao, well yes, back to dwarves...

Those pictures above are quite interesting, but somewhat difficult to look at. If anyone gets offended by that, i do apologeise, i don't think there are that many women with beards anyways...

But honestly male or female it would be nice either way, I understand that their classes are kind of limited, but illegal race/class combinations DO exist, so I don't see why we can't have something that's a little bit more esoteric.
  • BillyBroBillyBro Member Posts: 62
    Grum said:

BillyBro said:

gangler said:

gangler said:

Xavioria said:

I actually thought Voghlin was going to be a Dwarven Skald... I was super excited, then I found out he was human and I slumped. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I played a female character through my first playthrough of SoD and Corwin was VERY into that....

Corwin's bisexual. Into men and women.

Glint's gay. Into men exclusively.

Voughlin is straight. Into women exclusively.

M’Khiin is straight. Into men exclusively.

3 total SoD companions who are into men.
    M'Khiin is a romance, going green is in the game? (best keep it quiet, with all the drama over Mizhena goblin love might push everyone over the edge ;) ).
    See, that I don't know. I've been hearing mixed reports about whether all or even any of the SoD companions are romancable.

Seems like M'Khiin might be weird, since I'm pretty sure Goblins only live to be like eleven or something, though I guess technically it's no different from any elf/human relationship.

I'm also a little unclear on how old Glint is. I've only spoken to him a bit in my personal playthrough but he kind of sounds like he might be a child?
    BillyBro said:

gangler said:

Xavioria said:

I actually thought Voghlin was going to be a Dwarven Skald... I was super excited, then I found out he was human and I slumped. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I played a female character through my first playthrough of SoD and Corwin was VERY into that....

Corwin's bisexual. Into men and women.

Glint's gay. Into men exclusively.

Voughlin is straight. Into women exclusively.

M’Khiin is straight. Into men exclusively.

3 total SoD companions who are into men.
    Oh wow. Are you saying the ratio of LGBT versus Straight is 50 - 50, just like in Dragon Age?
    I think the overall ratio is still a bit under 50% if you take into account the drow sorcerer and the bear.

But for all the main companions, yeah, now that you mention it.

Neera: Straight.

Rasaad: Straight

Vaughlin: Straight.

M'Khiin: Straight.

4 straight companions total.

Dorn: Bi

Hexxat: Gay

Corwin: Bi

Glint: Gay

4 Gay/Bi companions total.
    The bear counts as bestiality. I suppose it should be inserted in the LGBT crew. Add a second meaning to the letter B ?
    Please don't lump bestiality in with homosexuality. It is needlessly offensive. And this thread is about the lack of dwarves in the game. I support that notion and hope to keep this flatbread clear of the controversies that have derailed the rest of the forum.
    But dwarves often tame and ride bears at their leisure, to suit their needs.
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    I love those pictures! Thank you! :)

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Xavioria said:

Lmao, well yes, back to dwarves...

Those pictures above are quite interesting, but somewhat difficult to look at. If anyone gets offended by that, i do apologeise, i don't think there are that many women with beards anyways...

But honestly male or female it would be nice either way, I understand that their classes are kind of limited, but illegal race/class combinations DO exist, so I don't see why we can't have something that's a little bit more esoteric.

I always say this. Dwarves aren't humans. If biologically their females have beards then they will find that attractive. For us beards are a masculine trait, for dwarves not so much. It is just a dwarven trait. So we shouldn't presume that the same standards of attractiveness apply between species.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Grum said:

Please don't lump bestiality in with homosexuality. It is needlessly offensive. And this thread is about the lack of dwarves in the game. I support that notion and hope to keep this thread clear of the controversies that have derailed the rest of the forum.

To be fair, bears are already a subset of male homosexuals, although they tend to prefer cubs.

(First beards and now bears; you guys are making it too easy.)

Grum said:

Don't be fooled. These are NOT dwarven women. Somehow he got ahold of unaltered photographs of the women who work on my office floor.
    ROFL omg, that's just wrong on so many levels. Do those women ACTUALLY do their hair up like that before they come to work? Beard aside, that's a bit too intricate if they're coming to the office that way
    Xavioria said:

ROFL omg, that's just wrong on so many levels. Do those women ACTUALLY do their hair up like that before they come to work? Beard aside, that's a bit too intricate if they're coming to the office that way

I work at the Renaissance Festival.

And you call that the "office" huh?
  • SirdentSirdent Member Posts: 45
    I wonder if they came out with a bearded female dwarf, how many people buy the character as downloadable content, and how many people would customize the profile picture to a dwarven woman with no beard.
    I wonder how many people will be in an uproar like she's the second Mizhena
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    ElGuapo said:

The red box basic set was for Dungeons & Dragons and thus a separate game from Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, which had gnomes from the start. And both of course can be traced back to the boxed set with the three booklets.

Anyway, I like gnomes fine thanks to WoW.

I didn't really get into AD&D until the 2nd edition, which is where my best memories come from, but still never liked gnomes. I had the earlier AD&D books but they were not nearly as user friendly, especially at a fairly young age.

Have never been able to get in WoW. My partner loves it and I've tried, but it all feels wrong. Probably too many gnomes. I don't care for all their machinery and contraptions. I guess I prefer more straight up swords and sorcery.

Eh, it's not for everyone. Warcraft is one of my favorite things (well less favorite now than it was before). Anyway, I absolutely hated gnomes until I made a gnome warlock just to see and she ended up being my first main and first character to 60, back when 60 was the level cap.

To be fair I have not played any more gnome characters than that one. All of my other characters are much taller.
  • BillyBroBillyBro Member Posts: 62

ElGuapo said:

The red box basic set was for Dungeons & Dragons and thus a separate game from Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, which had gnomes from the start. And both of course can be traced back to the boxed set with the three booklets.

Anyway, I like gnomes fine thanks to WoW.

I didn't really get into AD&D until the 2nd edition, which is where my best memories come from, but still never liked gnomes. I had the earlier AD&D books but they were not nearly as user friendly, especially at a fairly young age.

Have never been able to get in WoW. My partner loves it and I've tried, but it all feels wrong. Probably too many gnomes. I don't care for all their machinery and contraptions. I guess I prefer more straight up swords and sorcery.

Eh, it's not for everyone. Warcraft is one of my favorite things (well less favorite now than it was before). Anyway, I absolutely hated gnomes until I made a gnome warlock just to see and she ended up being my first main and first character to 60, back when 60 was the level cap.

To be fair I have not played any more gnome characters than that one. All of my other characters are much taller.
    Alert alert alert --- somebody mentioned WoW --- evacuate thread now --- Evacuate, evacuate, evacuate.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    When you make a female dwarf in the game you don't get a beard, therefore regardless of one brief, vague mention in a Tolkien appendix I think we can assume the game designers did not intend for the Dwarven women to be bearded. Same with all the IWD character pictures. No beards.

Of course that aside, I'd like to see more short variety as well. We have elves and humans of all varieties and genders. Let's see some dwarves
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81
    PK2748 said:

When you make a female dwarf in the game you don't get a beard, therefore regardless of one brief, vague mention in a Tolkien appendix I think we can assume the game designers did not intend for the Dwarven women to be bearded. Same with all the IWD character pictures. No beards.

Of course that aside, I'd like to see more short variety as well. We have elves and humans of all varieties and genders. Let's see some dwarves

Non-bearded dwarven women, sounds suspiciously like some hippy newfangled gnomish nonsense to me, the only true dwarven woman is a bearded dwarven woman ;)
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Non-bearded dwarven women, sounds suspiciously like some hippy newfangled gnomish nonsense to me, the only true dwarven woman is a bearded dwarven woman ;)

THIS IS D&D! *cue 300 gif*

On a serious note, according to the Forgotten Realm Wikia ( http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarf#Physical_characteristics ), "Unusually for humanoids, both sexes naturally grow ample facial hair [4] though the majority of shield dwarf females shave their beards off."
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    To also go off of @rapsam2003

IWD, one of the commoners in the initial tavern makes a joke to a dwarf character about bearded dwarven women. Your dwarf can joke back about beardless human women.