Skip to content

Legacy of Bhaal - XP bonus and other issues

So, in Legacy of bhaal, can i modulate the XP point bonus? 200x (i believe it's this) is too much for Baldur's Gate.

IWD is played in different ways than BG.

Add unique items only obtainable in Legacy of Bhaal games would be awesome, also. Items made to be played with that set of difficult in mind, i mean.

Comments

• 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    edited April 2016
    There is no XP bonus in LoB mode. It was there ages ago in the beta but was taken out as you could reach max level really really early.

That being said I think there is a way to give yourself a xp bonus if u do want it. From memory its a setting in the .lua file.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    kamuizin said:

So, in Legacy of bhaal, can i modulate the XP point bonus? 200x (i believe it's this) is too much for Baldur's Gate.

IWD is played in different ways than BG.

Add unique items only obtainable in Legacy of Bhaal games would be awesome, also. Items made to be played with that set of difficult in mind, i mean.

no bonus what so ever , its one Painful grind.
  • chaos286chaos286 Member Posts: 21
    00zim00 said:

There is no XP bonus in LoB mode. It was there ages ago in the beta but was taken out as you could reach max level really really early.

That being said I think there is a way to give yourself a xp bonus if u do want it. From memory its a setting in the .lua file.

00zim00 said:

It's now disabled by default. You can enable it by setting "Nightmare Bonus XP" to 1.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    The bonus is like the hp I think (a flat amount + a multiplier) so early on you'll feel like it's 200x but actually it's not.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

The bonus is like the hp I think (a flat amount + a multiplier) so early on you'll feel like it's 200x but actually it's not.

Hmmm, that's then.

If i could know more how the hp bonus is applied, that would be awesome.

The rats on candlekeep give 1 xp by default and 1000 in LoB. if everything gives me x1000 xp the game will become boring too soon.

So, after lvl 6 or 10 things are going to get normal?

Ps: The unique items for LoB is still an idea that i have :)!
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    HP in IWDee is 80+3*x
    XP is 2000+3*x I think
  • chaos286chaos286 Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2016
    Monster XP in LOB mode depends on 2 parameters in baldur.lua.

If "No Difficulty Based XP Bonus" is set to 0 (which it is by default), it doubles the xp for everything in Insane mode.

If "Nightmare Bonus XP" is set to 1 (which is 0 by default), monster xp in LOB mode is doubled plus 1,000 on top of that.

However, LOB mode also gets the benefits of Insane mode. When these parameters are set as described above, monster xp is therefore quadrupled plus 2,000. For example, rats that are normally worth 1 xp will now be worth 2,004 xp.

This combination will increase your xp in LOB by a factor of about 8 from basic BGEE. You should therefore end up with close to 2 million xp, assuming you do a completionist run with a full party and no farming. For example, I had 1.96 million xp at the end of my run with a monk and the canon party, putting me at 16th level instead of the usual 9th. BTW, I was doing a solo combat run where only my monk was allowed to fight, and I can assure you I wasn't waltzing through it at any point.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    chaos286 said:

Monster XP in LOB mode depends on 2 parameters in baldur.lua.

If "No Difficulty Based XP Bonus" is set to 0 (which it is by default), it doubles the xp for everything in Insane mode.

If "Nightmare Bonus XP" is set to 1 (which is 0 by default), monster xp in LOB mode is doubled plus 1,000 on top of that.

However, LOB mode also gets the benefits of Insane mode. When these parameters are set as described above, monster xp is therefore quadrupled plus 2,000. For example, rats that are normally worth 1 xp will now be worth 2,004 xp.

This combination will increase your xp in LOB by a factor of about 8 from basic BGEE. You should therefore end up with close to 2 million xp, assuming you do a completionist run with a full party and no farming. For example, I had 1.96 million xp at the end of my run with a monk and the canon party, putting me at 16th level instead of the usual 9th. BTW, I was doing a solo combat run where only my monk was allowed to fight, and I can assure you I wasn't waltzing through it at any point.

I see.

Lvl 10+ this will become irrelevant, as 1000xp bonus isn't something so big. On BG2 basic lvl 1 spells when learned give this.