Skip to content

[REQUEST] Persistant Bard Song/AoE increase

BenedictousBenedictous Member Posts: 1
After realizing how very strong a BlackBard/Pure Bard is in NWN2 and utterly destroying every campaign with them (note that I always thought Bards were pure garbage) I wanted to then try them in BG2.
O....boy.....
Is the Bard singing or whispering? Why is the AoE (unless HLA Enhanced Bard Song) so small?
I can take NO action while singing the song? Why even allow the bard weapons or spells?

Now I have dug through every bard mod I could find, even the IWDification, but they don't fix the problem I am having with a character that DOES NOTHING. The lingering song HLA helps, but its a HLA what about the other 24 levels?
If anyone could PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tweak the small thing of it cancelling in combat I would be FOREVER grateful

Comments

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    There's going to be a Bard hat in SoD that allows a Bard song to Linger a few rounds after canceling the song.

@Amber_Scott

I believe there was a statement that the hat would be available in BG2:EE? Can you confirm/deny or was this information never made a available and I was just imagining things?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295

The solution in my mod is going to be, to turn bards into thief kits, with restricted thief abilities, and turn bard sings into innate spells you cast once and they last 10 rounds. But if the bard takes damage during that time, the song is disrupted.

Still a few months away, though...

But why would you turn them into thief kits?
    I can't see any advantage over just modifying the bard kits since the thief kit solution would also leave you with a disabled skill icon on the main UI (disabled bard song vs diabled stealth)?

It would be great if Beamdog could modify the the bard songs to trigger instantly. That would allow us to mod them however we want without having to resort to innate abilities or other solutions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on