Skip to content

Importing saves from BG1

So, I noticed that proficiencies from Misc didn't carry over from my save from BG1, it should be this way or it's a bug?

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Technically the NPCs don't come with you. What you're seeing is the default NPC given by the game for Minsc. The only thing that gets 100% preserved in the import is your character and any specific inventory that is on your character or in his inventory(there are a few items you can recover, most of it is discarded). Anything on companions is automatically disregarded and discarded.
  • BricheBriche Member Posts: 6
    And do u know where are all of those items imported? THX
    I do not know where the SoD stuff is. The places to look for the base BGEE stuff that imports is:

Behind a painting in the first room with a golem and some basic gear. This will be the golden pantaloons and a +1 dagger.
    In a room with a golem that needs an activation stone to unlock the center area in Irenicus' dungeon. This will be a weapon of some kind.
    On a duergar who has the seeds the dryads want. This will be armor of some kind.
    In the heavily trapped room in the first level of Irenicus' dungeon, between the portal/dryads. This will be either the helm of balduran or horn or claw of khazgoroth, or the ring of koveras +1.

It's important to note that an item will only import if you had it in BGEE and it's on your main character. The game doesn't look anywhere else. Also, don't have it in a bag. I generally keep: The helm of balduran, Fallorain's Plate, Ashideena and The Golden Pantaloons.
    Edit: I should clarify, if you don't have any of the valid items for a particular location, the game will give you a particular default item. The default items are: Mail of the Dead(chainmail), Helm of Balduran, Cursed Berzerking Sword +3.

If you don't have the golden pantaloons, you will never find them again.