Skip to content

solo sorcerer musings

So... First off. As glad as i am to see a raised xp cap allowing access to 5th level spells in bg1... Im actually finding little benifit. The difficulty of the enemies in SoD are actually more resilient then in the beginning of SoA. For example. In SoA emotion:hopeless is pretty surefire aoe dissable for the first 3rd of the game. However i found it to be almost useless midway through SoD. Was almost constantly resisted. Had to drop malasion just to get it to proc a bit more. You get access to animate dead, but its not very usefull at the time. Basically... The only real benifit of 5 level spells seems to be access to lower resist.. So much so that its essential to even hit the boss with a spell. Dont even get me started on legacy of bhaal diff. With a max level sorcerer.. Fully geared. I got killed by a pack of dogs just after Gorion died. They waltzed through two webs and two fireballs like nothing. As glad as i am to see a new challenge, seemed kinda... Unbalanced. Maybe im just not seeing the path. What are your guys thoughts? Find any particular spells more useful here then normally. Different tactic. Seems like web and spiders and hopless and skull traps still the name of the game. Any ideas for LoB diff? Im at a loss.

Comments

• nomadmercnomadmerc Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2016
    Legacy of Bhall difficulty neuters any attempt at a dps caster and forces you to only disable. Would have been better imho if Bhall mode added several more difficult creatures over the top of the other mode so the encounters are brutal rather then the current flat +80 health, 20+ percent resists, +2-4 thaco, +1apr which makes encounters a bore kiting fest.

Bhall pretty much requries you to have 4 archers/kensi axe/dagger chuckers and two casters to summon adds and haste.
  • Pharaun159Pharaun159 Member Posts: 41
    Lovely... Sounds like solo sorc aint happening legitly. They even put a solo achiement for it.. Jerks. Seems like they tippef the balance beyond the starting point of SoA. Kinda broke the rythem a bit.
  • Pharaun159Pharaun159 Member Posts: 41
    Possibly do a disable and run approach to get to the critical fights. Double web, greater malasion, and MMM the shit outta boss fights supplement with hasted spiders. Even then.. Seems iffy.