Skip to content

Trying and failing to install "pointy hat/face bag/duck helm" by Smiley graphic mod :(

TauschitzTauschitz Member Posts: 2
Trying to get that part of Smiley's hat mod to work that provides the graphics for the "wizards hat" for my son's wizard ... this is with a new installation of BG:EE and BG2:EE.

Unfortunately, I am a total novice in getting this to work, and so far have had no luck, although I've spent the better part of a day trying :(

I know the "pointy hat" mod doesn't have an installer and is simply a "resource package" ... but I don't understand what the means in terms of installing it. Right now, I simply dumped the contents of Smiley's zipped "override" folder into the respective BG:EE and BG2:EE override folders. I have not used the dialog.tlk as I believe that that contains the scripts for the items, which I don't need, given the potential bugs that might crop up using it.

So here are my questions at this point:

1). Am I correct that I simply copy and paste *all* of the "override" files into the "override" folder contained in C:/ GOG / Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition / Override ?

As far as I can see, this contains mostly a bunch of *.bam files - and I'm guessing these are the graphic content - but I see some other files in here as well. I've copied and pasted them into the "override" with the *.bam files

2). Am I correct that I do *not* need to use the dialog.tlk file as long as I *only* want to use the graphic content contained in the "override" folder?

3). Most important question ... if 1). and 2). are correct *how do I find the item in the game / get the item to spawn in the game for my wizard?

I've already spent about a day trying to get this to work, so any help would be deeply appreciated.

Comments

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    I havn't used the mod but if you just want the hat graphics and no text if you inspect it. If you add the bam and itm files to your override.
    Then either use EEKeeper to add the item or enable cheats and use C:CreateItem("x") in the console where x is the file name of the item you want to add, don't include the extension. Example if the item you want to add is hat.itm you should write C:CreateItem("hat").

And yes don't use the dialog.tlk it will ruin quite a lot of text in your game.
  • TauschitzTauschitz Member Posts: 2
    Many thanks Freche ... that was just the pointer I needed :) Just an FYI for those who might come after: when trying to spawn the item you have to enable cheats and the new 2.0 games switched to a .lua file from a .ini file. It's a different format and a different file, but works the same.