Skip to content

Caelar Argent [SPOILERS]

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @JonSnowIsAlive For next expansion to happen in BG2ee, SOD need to success so they can continue working on projects like that, or makes new games.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Azzara said:

My whole party did exactly zero damage to Belhifet. I had at least 2 wands of each type with 100 charges each. I had speed potions, storm giant potions, anti magic potions, etc. No +3 weapons though. She soloed the final boss on core difficulty.

Maybe we could release her from hell in ToB
    like we did Saravok

And that's why she's my waifu.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @JonSnowIsAlive I hope they will add more then just NPC there is a story to continue and loose ends to close, so I do hope for another expansion and added joinable NPCs as well.
    AS for the selling I hope it goes well and I do hope people will look over the issues that were so raging for some people and see how much BD care about their product.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    lunar said:

@JonSnowIsAlive

I see, thanks. Glint was chunked in the battle, then I had a free space but she got chunked a bit rounds later, too! That boss is sure more difficult than vanilla Sarevok. Then her uncle had a heartfelt moment wit the chunk of flesh lying on the ground, which was surreal.
    Hahah that happened to me too, but because I chunked her after she became a Blackguard!
    My evil Sorcerer couldn't stop laughing
    @JonSnowIsAlive it never runs out of them...
  • kanemikanemi Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2016

And that's why she's my waifu.

One is the son of a dead god who has been fighting for his life since he was 18; the other is an aasimar who doesn't know how to make her eyes stop glowing; together, they fight crime.
  • MuroMuro Member Posts: 11
    The Planar Sphere thing is a great idea. Caelar was definitely a highlight of SoD and I'd totally hook her up in my party, godlike abilities or no.

How does her fate change if she becomes a Blackguard though? Do you just kill her and leave?

While we're on the subject of Caelar, does anyone else feel her class sould be Fallen Paladin rather than Fighter?

She was cared for by an order of holy warriors (the Order of Aster), but disgraced herself by way of her crusade: normally, she should have fallen from grace (vis-à-vis Lathander). Unless someone can providence evidence indicating she never was a paladin to begin with.
    Thoughts?
    Why a paladin? She isn't devoted to any God, just to her own cause.

@Muro you kill her.
  • ZilchkZilchk Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2016
    I think it would be even more interesting if she were transformed into a fiend while in Baator and we could have a baatezu companion.
    Zilchk said:

I think it would be even more interesting if she were transformed into a fiend while in Baator and we could have a baatezu companion.

That's not how it works, my friend ;)
    One does not simply become a devil. I don't think it's even possible, actually.

A soul can become a demon, tho.
    But it's a process that requires a looot of time and luck. And 99.9% of the times the transformation removes any memory of your previous life.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    edited April 2016

While we're on the subject of Caelar, does anyone else feel her class sould be Fallen Paladin rather than Fighter?

She was cared for by an order of holy warriors (the Order of Aster), but disgraced herself by way of her crusade: normally, she should have fallen from grace (vis-à-vis Lathander). Unless someone can providence evidence indicating she never was a paladin to begin with.
    Thoughts?
    If she is a fallen paladin, I believe it would be the reading the book that got her uncle trapped in Avernus that caused her to fall. The crusade came later.

As for whether a fallen paladin is better representation than a fighter, that's hard to say. A fallen paladin is mechanically weaker. But it'd be cool to try and redeem her in a quest or the like. The biggest lore argument against her being a paladin is that Anomen Delryn can become a member in good standing of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart as a fighter/cleric, which implies members of such orders don't strictly need to be paladins.

Zilchk said:

That's not how it works, my friend ;)
    One does not simply become a devil. I don't think it's even possible, actually.

A soul can become a demon, tho.
    But it's a process that requires a looot of time and luck. And 99.9% of the times the transformation removes any memory of your previous life.
    According to the Fiendish Codex II, Souls gained by the devils are tortured for power and energy until any hint of personality or humanity is stripped from them. When they're completely empty they get dropped into a processing crater like the Maggot Pit where they are reborn as Lemures.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Could someone post her abilities, like strenght, dexterity and so on?
    Also, I think it would be really cool if you could recruit her in ToB instead of Sarevok. :D
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited May 2016
    Zilchk said:

That's not how that works. One can only become a demon/devil if one dies and lived an evil life.

Edit: @illathid already covered that. Oops. lol
    Artona said:

Also, I think it would be really cool if you could recruit her in ToB instead of Sarevok. :D
    Why not the ability to have her after saving her via the spell sphere? Then, you could have both!

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Why not the ability to have her after saving her via the spell sphere? Then, you could have both!

True, that is nice idea. And conversations between those two would be glorious <3.
    I think she also makes perfect material for romance NPC.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    She can't be a fallen Paladin, as she never was a Paladin to begin with. She was still in an early stage of her training when the incident with a book happened, certainly before attaining paladinhood.