Skip to content

[Windows][Steam] Candlekeep tutors conversation doesnt work when your game isn't in english

NomphosumusNomphosumus Member Posts: 14
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
Hi guys, great job with the DLC, anyways it is my turn to report here some bug. I guess this one was adressed here by other people but I'm not sure. (Funny enough the forum bug report sample is almost an exact template of this problem¡¡¡¡)

Game version; 2.1 (Spanish version)

Operating System: Windows 7

[Windows] [Steam] Tutors in Candlekeep
1. Install and use the spanish version of the game.
2. Start a new game with any character.
3. Walk northeast toward the tutor

Observed
The tutor's conversation is not playable.

Here is a example; when you talk to any tutor in candlekeep the conversation shows something like this ->

Expected
The tutor's conversation should show some actual conversations.

Notes
This issue affects all of the tutors in Candlekeep. I was looking on the internet and this looks like a common problem in many languajes when your game is not in english.

-------------

I know that we are far away to make the DLC in other languajes, but maybe you can adress this problem in the next patch by puting the new conversations of BG:EE at least in english meanwhile so it can be at least playable :pensive:

I hope to dont bother anyone with this post. See you around people and keep the good work.

Comments

• NomphosumusNomphosumus Member Posts: 14
    Well at the momment I just had to change languaje settings to english (Ill do that just for candlekeep) to got around the problem and I guess that is the reason why the bug is not considered critical. In any case I guess this bug can bother other people that cant read english well....

Remember that the tutors stuff gives an achievment in steam and can help new people in the beginning so.. maybe it should be got fixed anyways in some way.

See you around.