Skip to content

Jaheira's Infidelity

1235»

Comments

• Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    I don't agree with any of this. Your main character may have started as an adoptive figure to both Khalid and Jaheira but its clear theyve developed out of that niche having been forced to mature very rapidly besides right or wrong its not unknown for feelings to develop out of that sort of relationship. Its heavily implied that Khalid is beyond resurrection or if brought back would not be the same (traumatised, mutilated who knows). As a druid who believes in balance Jaheira would be against over interference. As a wife if she thought Khalid would suffer as a result of being brought back then the same. Finally it takes a while for a romance to develop at first shes arguing about how your leading thr group, her apology afterwards is almost her giving up her mentor role after realising that you've outgrown that place and have done for some time.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    There is a reason Druids don't get spells to bring the dead back to life. It's not part of their mythos. The circle of life and death and nature and primal reproductive urges are all part and parcel of the Druid thing. Apparently it's the same with monogamy
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 427
    forgot to mention that adding the "love talks" was without question my favorite addition to the game in bg2 and made the game even more fun playing.

so bottom line for me is the more options you have in which characters to romance, the better. although jaheira's wasn't my favorite option, i did enjoy experiencing that option as well as all the others.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    PK2748 said:

There is a reason Druids don't get spells to bring the dead back to life. It's not part of their mythos. The circle of life and death and nature and primal reproductive urges are all part and parcel of the Druid thing. Apparently it's the same with monogamy

Druids in tabletop have the reincarnation spell, so they're not exactly opposed to bringing people back, they just have limits that clerics do not. Reincarnate in Baldur's Gate would be kinda weird, though, which is probably why it's not in the game (am I right on that? It's been awhile since I played BG2).
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Personally, I'm satisfied with Jaheira's explanation for no resurrecting Khalid, and while I do think she doesn't take much time to mourn, I think everything about all the romances is ridiculously rushed. And I'm okay with that, for the same reasons others have stated: you're adventurers. You could die at any moment.

Also, you are spending all your time with these people. Like, literally 100% of your time. Realistically, I figure you're either gonna fall in love or kill each other. Or both.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Yeah I think reincarnation is an incredibly limited spell though that gives you super weird marriage ending results regardless. Khalid the hobgoblin might be cool though.
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    One thing you have to consider is that Jaheira is an elf. Elves are commonly viewed as fickle and aloof because of their incredibly long life spans. When Khalid died, maybe she didnt experience the grief that humans do..? This isnt just a "type" of person, its an entirely different species.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    @Diomedes33

Jaheira is a Half-Elf.

So she's not a different species.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

One thing you have to consider is that Jaheira is an elf.

Neera: "Half-elf! :rage: "