Skip to content

SPOILER on Endgame Cowin in BG2

Spoilerrrrrre on Corwin. (sorry don't know how to spoiler tag on my phone) So I was a raging sullen lusty fighter who treated people poorly and killed for gold. So I took the most base violent selfish and baddy approach when dealing with the law loving good Cowin the straight archer. In the end I killed her in the tunnel along with that simpering corporal. However I was going to ask the role play good good love Corwin she loves me we're a happy family players if:

Were you able to get away from Corwin in the tunnels without killing her?

And if you did somehow finish the game with her spared would this not mean Beamdawg might want to patch her into BG 2 for a 5.99 fee like they did with the other new characters?

I do not want to ever replay SOD as a law and good female so I assume it might be possible to build trust and have her let you pass as a misty kitty creeping gas in your tunnel encounter. Or am I wrong...?

I wish there was a 200 hundred page walk through. I have no dogs in the race for Dan Simpson (? Correct name) on game FAQs but he basically explores every minute option detail and possibility in the game.... Feel free to link a walk through of that extensive detail so I can read how the possibilities play out

Comments

• gnaumiecgnaumiec Member Posts: 62
    I did the romance option for Corwin, which plays out a lot differently than what you describe.
    If you plead your innocence and state your good deeds at the trial, Corwin comes to see you in the cell, where you can further convince her of your innocence. The dialog path I chose ended up with her seemingly to believe me. It ends with an 'I love you' of sorts, and a 'we could have had it all.' She begrudgingly leaves, the Dukes orchestrate your escape, the flaming fist officers that are loyal to you provide your equipment and usher you into the tunnels. I did not encounter anything down there but oozes. The city seems pretty divided. A lot of people love charname, while a lot believe in your guilt because you are bhaalspawn. Game ends when you meet back up with you buddies.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    edited April 2016
    Whoa! Crazy different ending. Thanks... I assumed it was the same actual occurrences but with a few different chat options.

If that is the case I am a now actually more critical of the ways you can chat with her and the corporal in the tunnel. The good goody would be in the scenario you had.

Therefore Beamdog really should have predicted and allowed much more negative bitter evil and hurtful chat options as the very very last thing you say to Corwin. Rather than the neutral if slightly menacing "Get out of my way Corwin. If you block me in this tunnel I will kill you." Which was about the exact lame most evil last chat option you have with her before she attacks you.

Anyway, in that case Beamdog could patch her in for 5.99 purchasable in BG2. I guess when you meet her the evil character could say,

"I thought I left you in a filthy sewer tunnel befouling it more with your open guts."

And she could say,

"You did indeed leave me low on our last meeting but the Flaming Fist high cleric won't let a ressirection out price the years on a guardsmen remaining enlistment." " it was later discovered you were innocent and the strange wizard who the Amn Guards and wizards took was responsible. I was wrong to hinder you even if you did evil in other measures. "

Then of course I would attack her again and sell her wortlesd bind on character armor and bow.

Anyway, I do hope they patch her and the other characters in again. It would be so pleasing to my evil thespian role play if you could somehow sell out Corwin like Valagar in BG2
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    lol, you'd pay $6 just to kill her? DAMN! You must have hated her. Haha
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

I failed Thrix's riddle on purpose to give him Safana's soul. No one ditches the Bhaalspawn... NO ONE.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

I failed Thrix's riddle on purpose to give him Safana's soul. No one ditches the Bhaalspawn... NO ONE.
    I like you.
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    I liked the Corwin romance, I suppose it had to end kind of abruptly (sort of like a star crossed type of thing) due to the fact that it's still up in the air if SOD characters will be in BG2. Also, it seems like it would be difficult to write Corwin into BG2 due to her responsibilities in Baldur's Gate City.
    No I can write one up given the above good girl romance some of you thespians expernced with her:

Corwin seems biter when you ask her about her child:

"It was my fault she died. I was stripped of my rank bileting, fined, and put in the mines sentenced for ten years for following justice and freeing you." "I only have come to Amn as I heard the slavers who kidnapped or killed my daughter are here in the slums."

Blackguard response " oh that's terrible we find her at all costs!" Whispers to Edwin " can't we sell her head to the Amn Guards there must be bounty for her from the flaming fist"

Anyway I am sure she gets booted from the guard and won't lie about freeing the goody character so you can easily place her bereft of good employmemt in Amn
  • gnaumiecgnaumiec Member Posts: 62
    Hey hey hey, I'm no mere thespian, I'm a "Thespian Extraordinaire" (I took that title when if axed Silke in the back!)
  • WaterRabbitWaterRabbit Member Posts: 11
    I found the concept of Corwin to be poorly executed. She is a single parent, who constantly brings up her daughter. However, she is willing to abandon her daughter to go on a military campaign that will likely get her killed. Even worse, she is willing to follow the Bhaalspawn into Hell where death is likely to be permanent.

The result was a whinny character that was not conflicted, but clearly suffering from misplaced priorities.

What they missed was a great opportunity to explore the lore and mechanics. A conversation about why she would even elect to go on the campaign could have introduced the concept of a "death policy clause" which the Flaming Fist would be required to act upon her death.

Still there is no reason for her to go into Hell and risk making her child a permanent orphan -- especially for a non-pure Bhaalspawn. Also, they had to check another SJW box and make her bisexual brutally oppressed by her child's father. A trite and overused storyline adding to the overall misandric narrative.

It would have made more sense for her to go on the campaign if she had a partner at home that would be a good parent to their child.

Basically all they did with this character is illustrate why it is a bad idea for parents to become adventurers -- especially single parents.
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    edited April 2016

I found the concept of Corwin to be poorly executed. She is a single parent, who constantly brings up her daughter. However, she is willing to abandon her daughter to go on a military campaign that will likely get her killed. Even worse, she is willing to follow the Bhaalspawn into Hell where death is likely to be permanent.

The result was a whinny character that was not conflicted, but clearly suffering from misplaced priorities.

What they missed was a great opportunity to explore the lore and mechanics. A conversation about why she would even elect to go on the campaign could have introduced the concept of a "death policy clause" which the Flaming Fist would be required to act upon her death.

Still there is no reason for her to go into Hell and risk making her child a permanent orphan -- especially for a non-pure Bhaalspawn. Also, they had to check another SJW box and make her bisexual brutally oppressed by her child's father. A trite and overused storyline adding to the overall misandric narrative.

It would have made more sense for her to go on the campaign if she had a partner at home that would be a good parent to their child.

Basically all they did with this character is illustrate why it is a bad idea for parents to become adventurers -- especially single parents.

I will agree that the inner workings of the Flaming Fists should have been explored a little better (it was probably an oversight). However I think you have issues that are outside the story writing. I don't even recall the so called 'misandrist' (hate for men) dialogue so provide the dialogue itself so it can be properly analyzed. Oppressed 'bisexuality', I never read such a conversation, and I'm not sure what you mean. Do you think she wanted to sleep around outside her relationship? Bisexuals are not more promiscuous than any other person. Also, I must ask, do you think that soldiers who go on tour are abandoning their kids? Corwin's father is looking after Corwin's daughter until the campaign ends. The Nine Hells was a do or die situation, Corwin was probably thinking that she could very well be the difference between the Bhaalspawn's success in closing the portal, or Demons entering into Ferun and destroying and torturing the Sword Coast.
  • RathenauRathenau Member Posts: 80
    I have to jump in on the death to Corwin bandwagon here, something about the character completely rubbed me the wrong way. Her optional 'betrayal' at the end was a pretty good excuse to murder her though and I too would pay to do it again in BG2. The fact that you can make some implications about her parenting skills is quite nice but I would have preferred a more direct insult or threat regarding that. With that in mind: her decision to choose the Fist over you seems like a rather sensible thing to do.

The things that annoyed me most were her incessant whining about a low reputation that she needed to repeat every five minutes with the very same line and her butting in, in conversations that she isn't an active part of. I didn't appreciate her 'input' in the same way I do enjoy the viewpoint and commentary of other characters. It was too obvious and trying to sound authoritarian for my liking. That wouldn't have been a problem if you were or could actually be a member of the Flaming Fist or some other form of military organisation but it's pointed out you are not.

Then there was the whole meeting of the father of her child that left me rolling my eyes and seriously wishing the dialogue options weren't as limited and bias as they are. I wasn't remotely interested in her child, her past relations or whatever happened between the two of them, yet for some reason; I had to make a response to the guy. Not only that, I actively needed to defend Corwin! It was none of my business, I didn't hear his version and the woman has shown she is capable of handling her own affairs, but no: every option was there to reprimand the guy. Honestly, if I wanted to be a white knight, I'd have rolled a paladin.

Now there might be a lot more about her story, I just didn't care enough about her to explore it any further. Having a purely no nonsense work relationship in which you don't pry into the other person's personal affairs was exactly what I wanted.

I did like how she has a true sense of duty to an organisation and sticks with it for good or ill. Plus she's a pretty good archer. So as much as I didn't like her personally, it was a good choice taking her along for the ride. If only I could hire someone in Baldur's Gate to brutally murder her child. Mmmh, perhaps the shadow thieves have some advice for me...
    I think that a brutal shadow thief murder or even a more terrible fate that was already in game with the kidnapped child slaves in the slums in BG2 could be a most vile and terrible revenge for her betrayal.
    You befriend her in the slums where she is hiding after fleeing the flaming Fist for your prison liberation. Then you have the evil option of selling her/her child to the vile guy in the slums after you slay the arena fighter there. That would fit nicely and the implied fate of the child would make any evil human trafficker in China or Mexico smile with diabolical delight

You should be able to double cross and kill them too though that would make a lawful evil blackguard smile more. Like promising Corwin, " I vow to you those slavers who took her will die and you will surely have a rightful chance to fell the human fiend who sold the child to the vile flesh traders"

Then you confront them just too late for her rescue kill the slavers and their didn't curse is your accusation then of course you say, " fool you think I would let your treachery go unpunished now in your despiar we will see if your celistiL good gods can comfort you as after I speed your flying head to them"

Mani should be a game writer oh wait I already am a well paid writer hmmm
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Beowulf said:

I think that a brutal shadow thief murder or even a more terrible fate that was already in game with the kidnapped child slaves in the slums in BG2 could be a most vile and terrible revenge for her betrayal.
    You befriend her in the slums where she is hiding after fleeing the flaming Fist for your prison liberation. Then you have the evil option of selling her/her child to the vile guy in the slums after you slay the arena fighter there. That would fit nicely and the implied fate of the child would make any evil human trafficker in China or Mexico smile with diabolical delight

You should be able to double cross and kill them too though that would make a lawful evil blackguard smile more. Like promising Corwin, " I vow to you those slavers who took her will die and you will surely have a rightful chance to fell the human fiend who sold the child to the vile flesh traders"

Then you confront them just too late for her rescue kill the slavers and their didn't curse is your accusation then of course you say, " fool you think I would let your treachery go unpunished now in your despiar we will see if your celistiL good gods can comfort you as after I speed your flying head to them"

Mani should be a game writer oh wait I already am a well paid writer hmmm

If you really get paid for writing maybe you should take some time to get rid of your typos and make your posts a bit more clear. I'm having more than a little trouble following your posts and I'd really like to get what you're trying to say. :)

Like in your first sentence here "a brutal shadow thief murder..." I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Do you mean "I think having Corwin murdered by the shadow thieves..." or "I think a brutal shadow thief murderer..." or are you maybe referring to a brutal execution method used by the shadow thieves? If you took a little time to clean up your posts they might gain more traction. :)