Skip to content

Lag

XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
ever since the new update has happened my game has been lagging severely anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Im running into this, just downloaded but major lag issue. not sure what to do
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Two things can help:
    * Go to the website for your graphics chipset vendor (AMD, NVidia or Intel) and install the latest drivers for your chipset.
    * Go to Options / Graphics and enable "Alternate Renderer"
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I've just experienced some lag issues when multiple AoE spells (Web, Withering Fog, Grease, Cloudkill, etc.) are running at the same time. What's strange is that I haven't had this problem until now. Nothing has changed on my OS, so I'm having trouble pinpointing the problem. My graphics driver is up-to-date. I've tried selecting the alternate renderer, but it hasn't made any difference.

System specs: Windows 8.1 x64, NVIDIA GeForce GT 740, 16GB RAM, 3.5GHz
    @Mortianna could you run DxDiag:
    Window Key + R, DxDiag
    Click "Save All Information" and post the file here.
    @Cerevant Thanks.
    @Mortianna It looks like there is a slightly newer version of the drivers available:
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/100862/en-us

Let us know if that makes any difference.
    edited April 2016
    @Cerevant That's the driver I have installed.

I think I've narrowed the problem down to areas where fog appears, such as Dead Man's Pass. In areas without fog, multiple AoE spells run without any lag.

Edit: I just tested this in the Underground Cavern, which has fog, and there wasn't any lag. It must have something to do with the Dead Man's Pass area.
    Post edited by Mortianna on