Skip to content

Messy map marker text and cut-off item prices

I'm not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request, but I'm currently playing BG2EE 2.1, and the map notes are a complete mess. They overlap with each other, and sometimes they get covered up completely others, making them unreadable.

Another thing I'm seeing is item prices getting cut off inside merchant windows.

Could this be some kind of weird resolution thing in both cases? I'm using a 13" Macbook Pro with El Capitan.

Comments

• TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    edited April 2016
    Are you playing on 4:3 or a widescreen?

I have the same issue but the machine I BG on is 4:3, so haven't complained because I figured they designed the layouts for widescreen (which makes sense considering that's majority market).

I've also noticed journal popup text sometimes running outside of the box, but I can't get a screenshot of that as easily.

• LathspellguestLathspellguest Member Posts: 60
    @TrudeauIsSanta Stupid question I'm sure, but how do I tell if I'm running 4:3 ratio?
  • TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    Well you could be 4:3 or 5:4. Basically non-widescreen. 1280x1024 is 5:4. 1024x768 is 4:3. If you're "HD" 4:3 then you're probably 1280x960. If your monitor is square*ish* then it's 5:4/4:3 and likely explains this issue. If it's a rectangle you're on widescreen.
  • LathspellguestLathspellguest Member Posts: 60
    I checked my settings and it looks to be 1280x800, or 16:10. My screen is rectangular, so I guess that makes it widescreen.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.