Skip to content

Some Advice Please (No Spoilers Please)

Two questions:
1. What is the EXP Cap for Siege of Dragonspear?
2. What EXP do you recommend I be at when I finish BG and go into Siege of Dragonspear?
If it helps at all, I have a party in Baldur's Gate approaching Level 5-6 depending on the characters.
My party consists of:
1. Zaram Maldovar CN Dragon Disciple- Level 5 (Approaching Level 6)
2. Khalid- Level 5 (Very Close to Level 6)
3. Dorn- Level 5 (Approaching Level 6)
4. Jaheria- Level 5/5 (Approaching Level 5/6)
5. Neera- Level 5 (Not Approaching Level 6)
6. Imoen- Level 6 (Not approaching Level 7)

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited April 2016
    500K.
    161K. Optional really, first dungeon isn't terrible on Core or Hard. Also, don't import into SoD if you have containers. Copy the save folder from BG1\save to BG1\sodsave, then start SoD and load and it should be there.

B)
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @mf2112 Containers? You mean like Potion Cases and stuff?

Exactly. They don't come through when importing.
    @mf2112 What if I dropped them somewhere and went back to pick them up? And also, do I have to Import or does the game automatically bring me into Siege of Dragonspear?
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    mf2112 said:

Exactly. They don't come through when importing.
    Container importing is a hardcoded limitation in the BG series as the engine sees them as "stores." That said, don't sell everything off for gold - keep the most important/valuable items on your character.

As for experience, I did a play through with a level 6 party on Core and it was fine (you catch up pretty fast).
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    My containers all came through. Although I killed Sarevok and automatically transitioned into SoD rather that import/loading a save.

@mf2112 What if I dropped them somewhere and went back to pick them up? And also, do I have to Import or does the game automatically bring me into Siege of Dragonspear?

Dropped them somewhere? I guess you can go back to Baldur's Gate or wherever as long as you don't kill Sarevok in the final fight and pick up stuff. Once you kill Sarevok then it moves you into SoD automatically. All your containers come with you that way, it works like a load game versus starting SoD, then choosing Import Game and picking the game you wanted to bring in.

You can also do a load game as an option in SoD, you just need to copy the specific save game folder you want from BG1\save to BG1\sodsave, then it shows up in the load game list. If you do this with 0000002-Final Save, then it actually loads the final cutscene with Sarevok going to hell and then picks up starting in SoD. You keep your containers this way too.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013 I think you're under the impression that SoD works like TotSC, where you can start the expansion content and then come back to the main game. This is not the case. SoD occurs after everything else in BG1 and TotSC, and once you begin SoD, you will not be able to return to BG1 or TotSC areas. So just finish BG1 however you normally would, and once you beat the end boss, you should automatically continue on to SoD with your containers intact, provided you have SoD installed.
    @Jarrakul Actually no, I was under the impression that SOD works the same as the transitition between SOA and TOB, and it seems according to the rest of the posts on here, my assumptions were true.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Ah, my apologies then. I inferred incorrectly.
    @Jarrakul Of course, it was a simple misunderstanding. I am building my way up to Siege of Dragonspear, as I decided I should go through the first game again before getting to the new content and see if any changes were made to BG2 as a result (please don't inform me whether or not that is the case)