Skip to content

Gender tokens?

JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
In BG1, I remember NPCs referring to my female character as a man often enough that I was surprised when they consistently got it right in BG2. One specific instance I remember is Khalid telling Jaheira to "leave this one to his chosen path" just before they leave the party (low reputation).

Has Overhaul looked into this or has it completely flown under the radar? I didn't find anything with a search.

Comments

• BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    All CHARNAMEs are considered male and guilty, until otherwise proven :P
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
    I'd count those as typos which they said they fixed.
    Quartz
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    jalily your char is pat from SNL. No one knows what gender you are. In part 2, you romance people, so they come to figure out if you romanced a man or a woman. But up to that point, and since there are no men/women rooms in the game, everyone just guesses.

Unless you're a dwarf, then you have facial hair and a beard.

I kinda hate that they're fixing *all* the bugs, half the fun of the game is coming up with a reason it all makes sense. :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Aenor Hopefully. I just want to be sure since most developers seem to do the vast majority of their testing with male characters, and this a VERY common oversight.

@Bjjorick But Sarevok got it right! ;)
    So, erm, anyone know? Every screenshot has them using a guy, and this is incredibly easy for testers to miss if you don't actually read all the text with a female character.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    As Aenor mentioned, I'm positive this is part of the "typos" they have said they have been fixing.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Bjjorick said:

jalily your char is pat from SNL. No one knows what gender you are. In part 2, you romance people, so they come to figure out if you romanced a man or a woman. But up to that point, and since there are no men/women rooms in the game, everyone just guesses.

Unless you're a dwarf, then you have facial hair and a beard.

I kinda hate that they're fixing *all* the bugs, half the fun of the game is coming up with a reason it all makes sense. :)

It's time for the progeny (of the Lord of Murder)! It's just Pat!
  • BeerishBeerish Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know if there's a list of gender specific dialogue throughout the whole saga somewhere? It's a bit of a big ask but I mean the little asides, like interacting with the owner of the Den of the Seven Vales, not entire romances!
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    @Jalily Sarevok getting it right is proof of what I've always known, he and CHARNAME are meant to kick the Realms collective ass as the most badass couple ever made. (also my charname takes great pleasure in terrorizing him with talks of children *evil smile*)

In other words I'm sure they've fixed these. If they haven't we'll kick them in their butts and then they'll fix it in a patch. Butt kicking for correct gender identification!
    edited September 2012
    Thanks everyone, you've put my worries to rest. :)

@EpitomyofShyness

Ha, so I wasn't the only one who got the sudden urge to join him! But not as a couple in my case, just a demigodly team of awesome siblings ruling the Sword Coast together. :D

@Beerish

1. Download Infinity Explorer if you don't have it already.
    2. Ctrl+F and paste Gender(LastTalkedToBy,FEMALE)
    3. Keep hitting F3.
    4. Repeat for males.

This should give you all the lines that are different in BG1, but there's no easy way to find all the ones that should be and aren't.