Skip to content

Ghost Armor

SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
How come Ghost Armor is so different (and terrible) from BG?

The duration is about 1/10th from its BG counterpart, it can be casted on others for some reason and it gives a stoneskin appearance.

But the biggest killer is its super short duration. Shield at lvl1 is almost better than this if you have no one worthwhile to cast it on.

I'd rather have spells work the same on both games. They're in the same realm after all.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016
    In this case in pen and paper Ghost Armor lasts for 1 round/level and can be cast on another creature. Spells in Icewind Dale typically are closer to their PnP counterparts. So that is why the spell works differently than BG (where it lasts for an hour and only will cast on the caster).
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I support any suggestion to have a common spell list between all the games and to err on the side of good gameplay and truism to pen and paper rules as appropriate.

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    elminster said:

In this case in pen and paper Ghost Armor lasts for 1 round/level and can be cast on another creature. Spells in Icewind Dale typically are closer to their PnP counterparts. So that is why the spell works differently than BG (where it lasts for an hour and only will cast on the caster).

hah, so it's the opposite. BG is the wrong one. That is as I feared.