Skip to content

SOD Favored enemies?

I'm thinking of running a Ranger/Cleric through the expansion for a somewhat different experience.

What are the best choices for the ranger's favored enemies if I'm not going to do BGI or BGII, I'm just playing the expansion?

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I haven't seen whatever new choices they may have, but Trolls and Demons seem like good choices (dunno if Demons are distinct from Devils is the confusion). Wyverns aren't such a bad option either. Unfortunately, I'd say at least 60% of your opposition will be humanoid, so don't get your hopes up too much.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    If it's just for SoD, I would choose from Troll, Elemental, Demonic/Fell (which I think includes devils as well) or Dragon (which includes Wyverns I believe).

Demonic or Dragon are probably best for the whole saga.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    There are two schools of thought here. One is to pick the foe you'll encounter most often, so the bonuses will come into play more often. The other is to pick the foe you'll most struggle to beat, so the bonuses will come into play when they most matter. If you clearly lean toward the second then dragons are best; trolls are probably best if you lean toward the first; and demonic/fell if you are in between (helps with one of the toughest encounters in BG2 as well as a fair number of trash mobs).
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    But there are no true Dragons in SoD. If you're just asking for the best possible option to use in the expansion, I'd go with the previous choices. Also, I think undead are a huge problem in several areas. You might want to consider ghouls, shadows, and skeletons as good choices for a favored enemy.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Sure, there's a dragon in SoD, though it's true that the fight is optional.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    And I'm pretty sure Dragon also covers Wyverns, of which there are plenty in the game as well.
  • guttahtrashguttahtrash Member Posts: 6
    I went with trolls. Thanks all.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    There are actually at least 3 true dragons in SoD although they are all optional.