Skip to content

Does Voghlin have any personal content in the game?

I have all the new characters with me, and I am standing on a bridge in a reasonably warm place, probably nearing the end of the campaign. And I haven't seen anything that would resemble strictly Voghlin-related content in the game. Is my memory playing tricks on me?

M'Khiin interacts with spirits and makes/receives some special items in various places. Neera has her potion quest. Corwin has a romance option and interacts with all the "important" people working against the Crusade.

But Voghlin? I understand he may romance you if you're female. Is that it?

I'm also sad that M'Khiin never spoke to me about her past. It would have been great to know at least a little bit.

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Apparently he had a sidequest that was cut.

I have a feeling that he is one of those characters who their writer decided they didn't like.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Do you have a source for this sidequest information?

As for your feeling: I can understand that. He's clearly inferior to all the others, by some distance. If the four new characters were The Beatles, Voghlin would be way below Ringo, as a songwriter. :wink:
    edited April 2016
    Ringo is my favourite Beatle. "Octopus's Garden" is awesome!

As for the cut sidequest, it was mentioned on this forum a couple of weeks before SoD was launched.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    Thats to bad since there are so many good Bard items and i dont play a bard they kinda go to waste. I would love to have a good fun Bard NPC that have some content.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    SoD needs a Deekin mod :)
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    To be honest I would have preferred the inclusion of a returning NPC with no content, in place of a new one who has no content. But that's just me.
    edited April 2016
    Voghin probably seemed like a good idea on paper, he is mechanically the best bard in the whole series, with a strong kit and good stats. It's just his character didn't really work. Possible reasons:

1) Miscast voice acting.

2) womanising hedonistic bard is a cliche. Every bard in BG series is a womaniser.

3) trying to match a character from BP2 was a mistake, they should have gone for a completly original character.

Possible character hooks they could have used:

A) the skald is a dwarf
    b) the skald is a shy, erudite scholar
    C) the skald is female (!!!)
    D) the skald is played by Rutgar Hauer (a cookie if you spot the reference)

Or they could have brought back Eldoth, who has clear ties to the plot. Give him a personal item that buffs his dexterity to 19 to stop him sucking.

Edit: spelling - wrong skald.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Fardragon said:

A) the scald is a dwarf
    b) the scald is a shy, erudite scholar
    C) the scald is female (!!!)
    D) the scald is played by Rutgar Hauer (a cookie if you spot the reference)

Misspelling aside, we really don't have enough female bards. It's actually disappointing. Nothing's sexier than a woman who can entrance the whole inn/bar with just the sound of her voice.

To be honest I would have preferred the inclusion of a returning NPC with no content, in place of a new one who has no content. But that's just me.

He doesn't have no content. He has banters, he just doesn't have a quest.
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253

Fardragon said:

A) the scald is a dwarf
    b) the scald is a shy, erudite scholar
    C) the scald is female (!!!)
    D) the scald is played by Rutgar Hauer (a cookie if you spot the reference)

Misspelling aside, we really don't have enough female bards. It's actually disappointing. Nothing's sexier than a woman who can entrance the whole inn/bar with just the sound of her voice.

I usually shadowkeep Safana into a bard, replacing her charm into a knock to keep her rogueing
  • PaulGreystokePaulGreystoke Member Posts: 63

Voghiln's personal quest was cut due to time restraints, but perhaps it will come back in a future update.

That would be great! I partied with Voghiln in my first run through SoD, & I must admit I was disappointed not to have a quest line associated with him. Mechanically he is a good companion, but part of the charm of the game is the chance to explore the NPCs backgrounds & interests through their quest lines. Voghiln came off as a bit flat as a result.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    rashkae said:

SoD needs a Deekin mod :)

I wonder...
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    But, but I like Voghiln :(

123.jpg 32.9K