Skip to content

Companion experience points.

So I decided to go for another run through the new expansion and came across an interesting pedimented. When meeting up with Safana she joined the party with 16.000 experience points as oppose to the rest of it that has 160.000, putting her at significantly lower level. This seems quite strange and I can't seem to find any other such observations. I was kind of hoping there is a workaround I missed somewhere.

The game was started some time ago in the Enhanced Edition of BG1 and I can't remember if I used her in my party or not. Anyway, even when I tried to correct it with EE Keeper the character straight up disappears. Not only in that save but in all others as well. I must say I'm a little shocked and can't see where the problem could lay.

Comments

• dracostrikedracostrike Member Posts: 151
    I have noticed that if you let them join your party in BG1 and let them leave, then they reappear at the same level as when they were released in SoD.

Does that help?
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    I can confirm, the same happened to me with Neera. She joined me on level one, whoops :p . Minsc/Dynaheir also had level seven, the same I left them with.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Did you never level Safana up in BG1? If so, there's the problem.
  • RathenauRathenau Member Posts: 80
    That does indeed account for the difference in level, thank you guys for the answers and quick responses.

I am however left with a problem that is more severe than I initially gave it credit for. Every time I load a save with Safana in the party she seemed to disappear. That is until I noticed she turned into bloody chunks of meat.

So yeah, I kind of gipped her in BG1 and now she reverts back into the bloody bits I left her as every time I load a save. That is a little problematic I must say. Does anyone know a fix for that?
  • dracostrikedracostrike Member Posts: 151
    Sounds like you need an earlier save or the console.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Use this command AFTER she chunks*:
    C:CreateCreature("Safana")

*I claim no responsibility for what happens if you use it before she chunks.
  • RathenauRathenau Member Posts: 80
    edited April 2016
    That was surprisingly easy to fix with the command, thanks guys! Guess I'll report it as a bug too while I'm at it.

Edited: done
    Post edited by Rathenau on