Skip to content

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition Video Review

TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
No ads or sponsors. Nothing but a free opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSv79Xz8rwE

Comments

• SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    So it's quite evident you have little love for the OC games, why do you waste your time with them?
    - You compare an original product ( the BG series, completed in 2000) with a complimentary game (SoD completed in 2016) where all the hard work was already done and the technology was far more primitive.
    - you complain (significantly) about having to do OPTIONAL side quests that slowed you down.
    - you complain about updates to the OC, without mentioning that they were implemented by your treasured creators of SoD.
    - you complain about a number of things actually, in MANY posts. Whatever gives you the impression that those who have played the game for over 18 years have inclination to care about your rants? Oh, you wish to advise "newbies" do you? You figure there are a lot of those that have no clear understanding that they are perchance playing a game from 1998?
    You must be bored to tears by now by us neanderthals and our allegiance to such a primitive and pathetic attempt at entertainment. Perhaps it's time you moved on to something more worthy of your talent.
  • TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    I don't mention the Beamdog exclusive content at all in this video.
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    Couldnt disagree more with this "review". This game is widely accepted as one of the better RPGs even to this day. I personally was interested in the story that you loathe so much when I first got the game when it came out and I still think its cool today. Because of said scaling you said you didnt like, you can skip all side quests. Get 15k gold by doing 1 or 2 of them, hand the money in and go to Spellhold.

Any "newbies" watching this shouldn't think this reviewer represents what the majority of players think about this game. If you like RPGs and/or D&D, you will like the familiar feel of both BG 1 and BG 2
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Did you call "garbage" BG2 story, for real?
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    I had this big rant typed out then I shook my head.

This is a troll. Either that or a very ignorant person. Reasons why:

-sprite outlines some like some hate. I hate. Makes it look too cartoonist. It's a 64bit game. The kinda stuff back when wc2 tides of darkness was high end or chronotrigger or legend of Zelda ect ect. It's to invoke imagination. Not be propping your game cod style because your gloves look real.
    -you made it to aerie tent woo.... that's like go kill 30 wolves in any mmorpg since Ultima online went live.
    -Errand boy? Well you did leave waukeens so that sets you on YOUR characters main arc... which pays to advance to chapter 3... but again that's like any mmorpg out there... actually it's not.... almost none do that. You don't encounter the flood immediately in halo. In bg2 you actually do. In this case... it's the vampires. Then it ups to to insane mages... takes you through the entire forgotten realms book base for the most part in brief touches since the game is based on a MASSIVE world. Those other quests are optional BTW. ... but then... you don't get your dragons off the hop in clash of clans either. ...
    -the main storyline sucks and... doesn't require much to piece out but... requires you to have knowledge of bg1..... uhm..... lolwut?
    -a diablo comparison? Really? Name me 5 games that offer 9 base class choices (someone math out the total combinations if you dual multi for me) 9 alignment styles of play, interweaving story arcs, your own personal house and tailor made story to aquire said house (rather than just buy it)
    -Too much resting and rebuff in for a short fight?! Did you watch your video of obtaining the staff of magi? A full HLA party using... chant... bless...decked out gear. .. a Jahira animal 3? She has fire elementals. .. (Jahira aside) you're over killing. Of course you have to rest and rebuff and rest and rebuff. You keep blowing your wad on stuff you don't need to. It's actually sad since that's on core. (Side note, all those autopauses on core? Lulz and headshake) You need to L2P and understand what your party can do.
    -bg2 became more complex than bg1? Backwards bro. They took a lot of the micromanage requirement AND mehanics out in bg2.
    -the main story arc with Jon sucks... huh... so I guess you saw off the hop that Yoshi did what he did and Jon did what he did why .... on first run on the EE.... or did you Google it? Because you only did to aeries tent remember.
    -after your rest all your buffs wear off... try reading the descriptions... do you even understand the difference between a turn and round.... let alone an 8 hour rest time? *headshake*

Tob is the fourth.... well... fifth book now in the series with sod, on your journey. Just about every book you read or movie you watch ends up godmoding the protagonist in the finale.

And you do know SoD is an entirely beam dog made production..... not part of what was made 16 Years ago?
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2016
    This review is better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDL1CFdZZnY

(although it's for BG1, not BG2)
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    edited May 2016
    Drunk post. Feel free to rip me apart.... but I stand by my statement as bg 1 2 tob as one of the greatest games ever made..

I only play mobile atm and I have found only 2 games that even brush it. (And yeah I played order and chaos and wow from bc to when dethfang torched storm wind can't remember expansion name )

And yeah. I did mod the tuck outta bg back when it was GameSpy hosted. Also was.building a world in nwn. Engine ducked but the rules et allowed a lot.

Here's MY review.

https://youtu.be/PNuvs7K1FKs

Haven't played SoD but I'm sure with all the fixes beam dog has already done... they did a great job.