Skip to content

BG 2 EE GREY FOG (NOT FOG OF WAR) VISUALS EXTENDED.

Ok folks, after tinkering with EE KEPER i have found a way to extend that filthy looking grey fog vision that the main characters suffer, i play on 4k so it was ridiculously tiny and killed all fun playing this phenomenal game.
I have seen posts in the past complaining about it so i started investigating and this is what you need to do to enjoy this game with massively extended visuals and better looking shadows.

First download EE KEEPER.(1.03 is the one i used)
Then load up the prog and open your safegame and go into the effects section.
Go down to the add button.
Choose Stat:Visual Range 262 option.
Important - Choose TARGET: "Everyone" if you choose just the party then you will see enemies from miles away and they won't see you, which means you can cheat by shooting and casting some spells that have got a long range and they won't react at all.
Next choose FLAGS: Permanent
Resistance/Dispel : Non Magical
Visual Range: 1000 (pretty sure that it is the limit, seems to be hard coded because increasing this makes no difference at all)
Type: 1

Leave everything else as is and hit OK.
Save the modded safegame and enjoy.

You will see about 4 times as far and so will all enemies, making this game so much more enjoyable!

Comments

• en4ceren4cer Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to add that after playing for few hours i have noticed that some enemies will not see as far as the main party, not sure if that has been hard coded but changing distance makes no difference.
    Most will see you and act hostile but some just stand there.
    Oh well, it is still a lot better than before.