Skip to content

Test VA Jaheira sound slipped through?

mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
I just hit the Jaheira selection sound "This would be a good place for a henge!" and it doesn't sound right. Is this one from the test voice actress that slipped though?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2016
    Looks like it.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    Wher'd you hear it? In the SoD starter dungeon it's still the old line.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited April 2016

Wher'd you hear it? In the SoD starter dungeon it's still the old line.

I believe I was in the troll cave or maybe the spider lair. I heard it and did a double-take, and then clicked Jaheira repeatedly. It is a bit less frequent so it took a few times.
  • GozetaGozeta Member Posts: 105
    Nice find!
    Hmmm, another one maybe? I have Jaheira and Glint in my current group, currently in the ruined temple, when this came up unprompted and was voiced.

Since they didn't have new voice lines for Jaheira in SoD, it seems like this has to be the test voice actress. I have been trying to get it to repeat through the Ctl-i conversation toggle, but it seems sporadic. I did get it once, but I was clicking too fast and it got cut off.

Has anyone else gotten this line?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Actually I remember 'this might be a good place for a henge!' Line from bg1. One of the random rare selection voices, if I am not horribly mistaken.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    Are you guys sure these aren't just little used/heard sound files from the original BG1? I listened to the 'henge' file in Near Infinity earlier and it didn't sound like a different VA to me (though I didn't remember ever hearing it before). On a less subjective basis, the file for it was called JAHERA24.WAV (or similar) instead of BDXXXXX.WAV like all the other SoD npc audio files.

There were a lot of audio files I'd never heard before (I had no idea Xan had so many specific, voiced lines about his hatred for Eldoth), and each BG1 npc also had generic lines for liking or disliking another npc. Could it have been one of those? I'd check myself but I don't have access to my main computer (or NI) at the moment.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I believe the not so unbearable line from jahiera is one of the reputation comments that npcs make. Looks like it might have been repurposed there.
    lunar said:

Actually I remember 'this might be a good place for a henge!' Line from bg1. One of the random rare selection voices, if I am not horribly mistaken.

I think you and @rorikon are right on this one. I don't play BG1 as often as BG2, but I went back to a game with Jaheira and repeatedly clicked and she did eventually say "This would be a good place for a henge". Right next to the Blushing Mermaid, but okay. It does sound different than her other lines, but it is the same in BG1 as SoD.

I believe the not so unbearable line from jahiera is one of the reputation comments that npcs make. Looks like it might have been repurposed there.

Interesting, I guess for some combination of characters in BG1 I never tried? Maybe Xan, I never let him join.
  • GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2016
    Ummmmm, what is a henge?
    Grif said:

Ummmmm, what is a henge?

Any kind of large rock formation similar to Stonehenge for instance. They are actually finding quite a number of these things it seems around England.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Heavily tied to druidic lore and legends. Mistletoe, hand-sickle and henges. The most druidic things in the world.