Skip to content

[Spoilers] Which NPC would you have liked to keep in the party in SOD?

124»

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Sids1188 said:

Probably Monty, Tiax or Coran because multiclass thieves are always good to have - Safana as a single class just isn't so versatile.

One thing I noticed the first time I went through is that if you dual-class her into a mage and import that party, it'll carry over into SOD, so I got her as a thief-mage the first playthrough. A bit more flexibility that way than if I'd had to rely on Dyanheir.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Sids1188 said:

Probably Monty, Tiax or Coran because multiclass thieves are always good to have - Safana as a single class just isn't so versatile.

More than any of that though, what I would most like is an evil/neutral front liner early on. Whether it's Dorn coming earlier or Kagain/Shar-Teel/Jaheira/Montaron Just someone who can hold a line and hit back.

Edit: Xzar I could take or leave. One thing evil has in surplus is powerful single class arcane casters. Xzar would probably be killed off in most parties just wanting Monty.

Good point. Single class thieves actually suck in BG.
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Kagain- pure dwarf awesomeness
  • LisaralinLisaralin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 258
    I voted Branwen for affection, she's alaways been one of my favorite ncps.
    But I find the lack of dwarves disturbing ;)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    But Lord Vader is perfectly fine with the lack of halflings?

Racist.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Fardragon said:

But Lord Vader is perfectly fine with the lack of halflings?

Racist.

Nah, Vader hates everyone.
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    Quayle is my choice. I just feel like he could end up with a quest that mellows him out between his egomania of BG1 and his caring family man of BG2.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 657
    edited May 2016
    Either Shar-Teel (1st Choice) or Kagain (2nd choice) or Alora (3rd choice). This game needs more evil characters, warriors, and possibly thieves, halflings and dwarves.

Actually all of them would be nice, along with some other stuff (like re-instating the voice you recorded for Jaheira...but hey).
    Post edited by Dharius on
  • brotherboobrotherboo Member Posts: 48
    I voted Yeslick, Cleric/Fighter combo is great,IMHO and he is Lawful Good. I also would have like to Branwen as an option since Viconia will not join w/ good group.
  • LegendaryLegendary Member Posts: 53
    Xan is my man
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

I voted Yeslick, Cleric/Fighter combo is great,IMHO and he is Lawful Good. I also would have like to Branwen as an option since Viconia will not join w/ good group.

Viconia will join a good group, just don't let your reputation exceed 18.