Skip to content

Simple Shaman mod

KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
Hey y'all. Shaman is a fun class but there's a few things about it that bugged me, so I decided to mod it and the class really came to life. I'm uploading it incase anyone else wants to try it out.

What does it do?
1) Fixes a minor bug where you were getting the Shaman specific spells a level early.
2) Disables Shaman dance. You can still dance, but nothing will happen.
3) You automatically pick the Avenger spells at specific levels:
Chromatic Orb @ lvl1
Web @ lvl4
Lightning Bolt @ lvl6
Improved Invisibility @ lvl8
Chaos @ lvl10
Chain Lightning @ lvl12

How do I use it?
Simply unzip the .2DA files and stick them in your Override folder. Then start a new Shaman.

It should also be compatible with BGII, but I haven't tried it out there yet. Let me know if you have any issues. Enjoy!
FrozenCells

Comments

• EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    So close to my dream druid there, if only there was a way to still get bonus spells with wisdom for Shaman (then bonus spells for charisma on sorcerers.)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HalfwiseHalfwise Member Posts: 78
    An Avenger that casts spells spontaneously?
    Sounds like fun, but why disable the dance? Was it considered overpowered?
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    I'm curious as why you disabled the dance? Spirit summoning was cool.
    Aedan
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Probably because he felt it overpowered and not fun to just stand around
  • KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
    I disabled the dance as a trade off for the new spells. I certainly don't consider it an overpowered ability. I also don't find it very fun.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Koyote said:

I disabled the dance as a trade off for the new spells. I certainly don't consider it an overpowered ability. I also don't find it very fun.

Ok, but what about the Shaman specific summons? I would argue that, if you dislike the dance, you need to somehow still give them their summons. Maybe have Shaman summons as Shaman only spells?