Skip to content

Notification problems

JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
edited September 2012 in Site Resources
Everytime someone quote me or writing to me I'm never getting notifications about it. Looked into the preferences but everything seems good there.

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    If you're quoted you don't recieve some alert, not even an email. It's just an oversight by the Vanilla guys I suppose.
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    Ward said:

If you're quoted you don't recieve some alert, not even an email. It's just an oversight by the Vanilla guys I suppose.

Ah I see thanks

• neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    You get notifications when someone writes to you in a post using: @JonelethIrenicus
    That's what is meant by "Notify me when people mention me." in the preferences.
  • SabotinSabotin Member Posts: 38
    Can I hijack this thread for my own purposes?

I just received a notification "x commented on y" for no apparent reason. Did I somehow "follow" someone by mistake, or what is happening? The only other time I had this kind of notification was when someone posted in a discussion I created.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    @Sabotin: Do you have that topic bookmarked? Or did was the reply to related to a wall comment you made? Anyway, check your notification settings this way: Sabotin>Edit profile>Notification Preferences and see if everything is in order.
  • SabotinSabotin Member Posts: 38
    That was it, thanks. I just noticed there was a "1" next to my bookmarks now, I could swear it was not there before, hehe.