Skip to content

iPad release eta?

Hi forumers and beam dog developers. I was very happy to play through bg ee and bg2 ee on my iPad many months ago. I would love to play your newest instalment to the game! I understand the game has only recently been released, and that you are working very hard to make things as enjoyable as possible for all of us nerdy fans. I only ask when, if at all, I can expect an iPad release, because I have forgone my old pc days.

Thank you

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Seconded!
  • MythrinnMythrinn Member Posts: 42
    Thirded!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2016
    Yeah I want, too! Though I am deathly afraid if it will require an ios update (it is a big no as it breaks modability) or if the game can run on my old Ipad2. It requires a lot of system power, from my experience with the pc, I fear. Large scale battles and new fancy area graphics and all that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2016
    @subtledoctor oh yeah. Ios 7.0. Problematic for me, as I have the ancient 5. something, I still haven't updated like, ever. It is an old ipad2, upgrading may choke the ancient device on newer shinier ios and also I will lose mod access. Upgrading to just 7 is not feasible, no? Such a shame. Oh well, I finished SoD in one weekend on my pc. It was such a rush though, I can not believe the amount of content I never saw, from the info on the net and threads here. I would love to have a more relaxed and through play.
  • SithdreadnaughtSithdreadnaught Member Posts: 22
    Anything? Can we get some info from the developers about ios release dates please. Been waiting patiently over a year now!
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

Been waiting patiently over a year now!

My guess is that they are going to push the update within the end of the month..........
    lunar said:

It requires a lot of system power, from my experience with the pc, I fear. Large scale battles and new fancy area graphics and all that.

Yes, I think you should level up your device. I recently got the new iPad Pro 9.7" and the games run very smoothly. I experienced no slowdowns, even with 15+ enemies on the screen or 5+ AoE spells at the same time!
  • LooxLoox Member Posts: 18
    Following @Luke93 comment:
    I have an iPad Air 2, a much, MUCH cheaper device and every game I've ever thrown at it plays perfectly. BGEE and BG2EE don't even come close to taxing my iPad.

So the iPad Pro (any size) is not necessary at all. I believe the Air 2 is more for gaming anyway while the Pro is more for media creation.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • catsarekacampcatsarekacamp Member Posts: 52
    I have an original iPad mini and an iPad 4, and they both play the EE games effortlessly.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Weird that the site lists iOS requirements, yet it is not available on iOS devices.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Klorox said:

Weird that the site lists iOS requirements, yet it is not available on iOS devices.

Not that weird. The requirements are one of the 1st things that a developer figures out, because they generally need to make OS specific changes in order to make it run on that particular OS. On iOS, they would also know the minimum hardware specs, so they can take that into account as well. Once they have the iOS requirements decided in-house, they might as well as let the customers know those requirements, so customers know if they need a new phone or whatever. If they don't let customers know long beforehand, then some folks will buy the game and not be able to play it. That may still happen, but if it's said beforehand then no one can say, "I didn't know".