Skip to content

Need help installing a mod

kstevens67kstevens67 Member Posts: 41
Hi all,

I am not sure what I can be doing wrong with installing this mod. I found a mod that seems to be compatible with BG EE I would like to try and downloaded it (Scales of Balance). The instructions seem simple enough:

To install, simply extract the contents of the mod into your game folder. If properly extracted, you should have a folder called "SoB," a file called "weidu," and the "WeiDU Mac Launcher" in your BG2 directory. To install, simply double-click the WeiDU Launcher, choose Scales of Balance from the list, and follow the instructions on screen.

I have a Mac OS X and BG EE and BG 2 EE installed.

I have extracted the contents to my BG EE folder which is Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
This gave me a scales_of_balance folder and WEIDU Mac Launcher plus some other files.
I doubled-clicked the Mac WEIDU Launcher
I choose "scales_of_balance"
I receive the following error

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.
FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")
Press ENTER to exit.

The most obvious thought is I placed it in the wrong directory, but in all honesty, I have no idea what other directory it could be.

Would someone please help with what may be the problem and how to install this mod?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Check this topic for help. There is a section on installing mods under BG:EE and BG2:EE. I hope it solves your problem.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31155/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-installing-mods-on-osx
  • kstevens67kstevens67 Member Posts: 41
    Thank you! :smile: This is just what I needed. I was able to install the mod without a hitch.
  • housmoushousmous Member Posts: 2
    If anyone is looking for the ACTUAL CORRECT LOCATION to install mods from on Mac OS X - here is what worked for me on Mojave (10.14.5).

Extract bg2fixpack contents to this folder:

"/Applications/Baldur's Gate 2 Complete.app/Contents/Resources/game/Baldur's Gate 2.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/GOG Games/Baldur's Gate 2"

Buried DEEP in the windows content... NOT THE OSX GAME FOLDER. The WINDOWS game folder.

This worked for Baldurs Gate 2 complete installed via GOG Galaxy.