Skip to content

Spook + Finger of Death in a spell trigger

AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
edited July 2013 in Not An Issue
Current behavior
When using Spook + Finger of Death in a spell trigger (sometimes) the save for Spook is used for Finger of Death which is -6 instead of the -2 from FoD.

Expected behavior
Correct save should be used.
Post edited by AndreaColombo on

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @KeithS should probably be made aware of this.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @AndreaColombo
    Actually this one might be a BG2Fixpack item already as well. Unfortunately I couldn't find a thread for it specifically, but maybe @CamDawg knows.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Nah, this is internal to the engine, so it'll have to be one of the devs.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    Tagging @ScottBrooks too :)
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    @CamDawg: can you give me any more pointers as to where I should look for this/a bit more of a repro case? Thanks
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    @ScottBrooks
    I'm not sure actually; this is the first I've heard of the bug. I can confirm the saves are correct on both spells. That's the main reason why it'd have to be a dev issue if confirmed--everything I can touch via NI/WeiDU appears fine. :)

To reproduce, I'd just follow the OP (and I'll try myself when I get home tonight): load up a mage with Spooks, FoDs, and Spell Triggers and see if you can replicate.

@Anton, have you noticed any difference if you select Spook or FoD first in the trigger? Anything else you've noticed that might influence this?
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    @CamDawg
    Information regarding this bug has been picked up from several BG forums. No more details has been mentioned unfortuntely.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    I'm having trouble not thinking this bug report is a false positive or random bullshit.
    First observation : Spell trigger only allows storing spells up to level 6, FoD is level 7.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    @lansounet
    Now I feel ashamed. You are right.
    Perhaps CC was ment. Sorry for bothering, guys.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Heh no worries.
    It doesn't mean there are no issues with spells and their relative saving throws when they are cast together from a spell trigger. Worth investigating a bit before BG2:EE