Skip to content

XP Cap removal for those who are using BeamDog launcher

Okay, so let me begin by saying I am in no way a programmer. I used to have my BG:EE and BG2:EE games as separate downloads. When SOD came out, I downloaded everything through the BeamDog client. Thing is, I'd like to remove the XP cap from my game. I'm not a power gamer by any stretch, i just hate the fact that I quit gaining XP long before the Sarevok fight. I know the XP gain is nominal, but I'd like to receive all of the XP i'm due. That being said, I followed all of the threads and copied the XP Cap remover override files. I then went in to my documents and found the folder and found the LUA file. Here's the problem, when I open the file it opens into Notebook and is just a big string of data about six or seven lines deep and wider than my page. So there are no files for me to change. Can I change the XP cap somewhere in that large data pile? If so, where. If not, what do I need to do, to get this done? I'm just now entered BG and my Stalker is already at level 7, so I'm nearing my cap, again, long before the end. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Happy Gaming!!

Comments

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    There's a mod for this - all you need to do is copy the files from the mod into your override folder.

HERE
  • tbone177177tbone177177 Member Posts: 11
    I have the updated files. Thing is when I go into my documents it has the folder for the game and has all of my save folders and my character folders, and it has the LUA file, but there is no override folder. And I can't seem to actually find a game folder other than this. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    edited May 2016
    You are in the wrong folder - you are in the folder which is in your documents not the game program folder.

1) Open Beamdog Client
    2) Right click Siege Of Dragonspear in the list and then choose 'Open Game Location'
    3) You should have a folder for each Beamdog game - they are listed as numbers... Mine is 00806.
    4) Double click that folder to open it. You will know you have the right folder for Siege of Dragonspear as the 'SiegeOfDragonspear.exe' file is in it.
    5) In this folder create a folder called override (if it doesn't already exist).
    6) Copy the files in this new folder.
    edited May 2016
    To confirm, I copy the files to this override folder:

• tbone177177tbone177177 Member Posts: 11
    Nice. I didn't know you could open game location from within the beamdog client. That fixed it, I believe. Thanks. I do appreciate it.