Skip to content

Favorite Bystander Murder?

Who is your favorite civilian to butcher in order to maintain a desired reputation? Who do you splat when Viconia starts griping about stupid surfacers?

Mine is the cook in the Helmite Camp. It's his fault really, he should have done his cardio.

Did not see a lot of opportunities for the uncontested slaughter of innocence in SOD. Of course BGEE was ripe with chances for slaying of the peasantry.

Comments

• doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Just pull the trigger in the temple of bhaal. That will make Vicky happy.
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    Refugees, who are followed by the pack of wolves. Hey, I'm only protecting the balance - they would die anyways.
  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 140
    Escarche said:

Refugees, who are followed by the pack of wolves. Hey, I'm only protecting the balance - they would die anyways.

I "accidentally" got them with an overzealous fireball.
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    Really miss all the stuffy nobles that I murdered in BG1 lol. You ARE the god of murder after all...
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Juris said:

Really miss all the stuffy nobles that I murdered in BG1 lol. You ARE the god of murder after all...

They don't know the meaning of aristocracy. Blood doesn't get any more noble than that of a god.

Juris said:

They don't know the meaning of aristocracy. Blood doesn't get any more noble than that of a god.
    "Don't touch me, I might catch something "
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    edited May 2016
    It's more self-defense than murder, I know, but fighting off the assassins at the inns during the first Baldur's Gate game is always good for a laugh. The sitting patrons just don't give a shit! :smiley:

Sorry, I just realised this is a Siege of Dragonspear thread. Meh.
    No it's totally fine Achterklad. And that's always a tough fight at low levels.
  • grassBladegrassBlade Member Posts: 31
    Nuber. :smiley:

Nuber. :smiley:

That's not really murder. CHARname deserves a medal for that killing Noober or any of his counterparts.
  • SirdentSirdent Member Posts: 45
    noobers ghost, if that was noober I met. all i heard was they hey ya and set them to attack, a ghost popped up said hey ya and I had to kill it to. But even so, can we really consider it murder? Im pretty sure no jury would get enough evidence to convict as no witnesses would step forward and no magistrate would be pressured to even bring the trial. you might even be commended for dealing with the worlds worst loiterer and jaywalker.
  • grassBladegrassBlade Member Posts: 31
    Sirdent said:

noobers ghost, if that was noober I met. all i heard was they hey ya and set them to attack, a ghost popped up said hey ya and I had to kill it to. But even so, can we really consider it murder? Im pretty sure no jury would get enough evidence to convict as no witnesses would step forward and no magistrate would be pressured to even bring the trial. you might even be commended for dealing with the worlds worst loiterer and jaywalker.

Noob was alive when I met him, killed him, cracked up when his ghost kept it up...1000 xp and -15 rep.

@madmaximus He did get a medal...cursed with inane pestering and occasional stones falling from the sky. :smiley:
  • Hayabusa1138Hayabusa1138 Member Posts: 1
    The multitudes of refugees that are just in throngs in Baldur's Gate are ripe targets for a fireball or a cloudkill.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    I am one of those weaklings whom feels too dastardly about random killings to play evil, but hostile confusion-spell in any crowded area has lead to unfortunate consequences more than once in my case...

I actually want to roll a male PC to enjoy David Warner's voice work further (he did "commanding male") - and see this as an opportunity to bring Edwin along at least once.

What I actually like about SoD is that one can manage the rep by adding ill-reputed races quite well without having to resort to too much devilry. In BG2 I certainly missed non-bloody reputation dropping choices, such as the amusing undie-ransom case!
    TStael said:

I am one of those weaklings whom feels too dastardly about random killings to play evil, but hostile confusion-spell in any crowded area has lead to unfortunate consequences more than once in my case...

I actually want to roll a male PC to enjoy David Warner's voice work further (he did "commanding male") - and see this as an opportunity to bring Edwin along at least once.

What I actually like about SoD is that one can manage the rep by adding ill-reputed races quite well without having to resort to too much devilry. In BG2 I certainly missed non-bloody reputation dropping choices, such as the amusing undie-ransom case!

Yea "commanding male" is an awesome voice set. Feel like it has to be a mage though.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861

Yea "commanding male" is an awesome voice set. Feel like it has to be a mage though.

My normal roll is female melee rogue - but this one shall be a fighter.

The point of this "commanding male" is to have Edwin along - and Viconia. But as I have Edwin, physical domination is the head canon I have!