Skip to content

Novelization of Baldur's Gate - By Nonnahswriter

124»

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Great stuff @Nonnahswriter, I wish I had your discipline and skill. Keep up the great work!
    NonnahswriterkcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Great stuff Nonnahswriter, I wish I had your discipline and skill. Keep up the great work!

Thank you, friend. :)
    kcwiseBlackravenJuliusBorisovlolien
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    edited May 2016
    There is so much material to work with in the Baldurs Gate dream sequences. I like what you have done with this one and the challenge of making Mulahey a worthy opponent with an actual history and intelligence.

The overheard conversation with Jaheira/Khalid is well-conceived and a major question for any writer wanting to work with the BG story. How much do JK guess or know. How close are they to Elminster's inner circle in the Harpers. At what point does the protagonist begin to explicitly connect with the Baalspawn story?? Certainly, Elminster's greeting in Baldur's Gate City suggests that the story has more or less come to light somehow or another. I tend to imagine Gellana Mirrorshade as the one who spills the beans, perhaps due to the impressive evidence of Samuel's rescue...

There is a real sadness inside me about not having written my own version. But the experience is still so huge that I cannot seem to translate it into language. Perhaps I should try putting it into screenplay form with notes about camera shots, music, direction, etc. Sounds like FUN actually!!

Cheers and Muchas Gracias!!! :smiley:
    NonnahswriterJuliusBorisovlolien
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

There is a real sadness inside me about not having written my own version. But the experience is still so huge that I cannot seem to translate it into language. Perhaps I should try putting it into screenplay form with notes about camera shots, music, direction, etc. Sounds like FUN actually!!

It's never too late to start! :smiley:
    JuliusBorisovlolien