Skip to content

Jaheira max hit points calculation

Can someone tell me what would be Jaheira max hit points if she is Fighter 8 / Druid 10 ?

Hit points would be something like this ?
F= 1d10/2 + Con/2 = 5 + 1 x8 = 48
D= 1d8/2 + Con/2 = 4+1 x9 = 45 +1 = 46
Total: 94
BaseHp: 77

Is my calculation good ? I am asking because I am modifying NPC's hp using EEkeeper so they all have max hit points.

Comments

• fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    If you use EEKeeper, simply click "recalculate stats" or some such, and EEKeeper will do the math for you. :smile:
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Nope, the HP formula has definitely changed. I'm not sure exactly how it is counted now, but I know this because going from 18 to 19 CON grants bonus HP for both multi and triple classes which includes a fighter class, and loading up one of my latest run shows that my R6/C6 with 19 CON has 84 HP.

A R6/C6 should have 30+24=54 Base HP, meaning I got 30/6=+5 HP for each cleric+ranger level I get.

Counting on that, it's a bit weird, because if CON/2 was true and rounded down, I'd get +3 (2 ranger 1 cleric) HP/level, and if it was true and rounded up, I'd get +4 (3 ranger, 1 cleric). But I get +5.

I'm not sure what +bonus I get from the cleric or the ranger, so I can't exactly help you calculate the Jaheira one, but it's definitely a changed formula from the vanilla game (the formula you're using). My guess would be that she would get +2 bonus from CON instead of +1 for each fighter class, netting her 8 more total HP.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited April 2016
    When in doubt, start a new game with, in this case, a fighter/druid with 17 CON, level up to 8/10 through console.
    Done and done. :)

EDIT: Quick new game and I see 104 HP with 17 CON. 95 with 16 CON.
    EDIT2: bg2 tweakpack has a component making all NPCs, or NPCs + all creatures (more balanced) in game have max hitpoints. Works well.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    edited April 2016
    My guess from @Queegon 's data is that half hit points are being stored now. So a 17 Con grants +1.5 hp/level for a multiclassed character, not +1/level. Which, if true, is awesome, because that's really how it should work.
  • DyaraDyara Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2016
    Jarrakul said:

My guess from @Queegon 's data is that half hit points are being stored now.

That's how it is since the original Baldur's Gate was released in 1998 ;). HP from CON aren't 'stored' btw, they get calculated (and recalculated whenever CON changes) at runtime: for multiclass chars (and single class as well actually) its: (#levels*bonus)/#classes. That's why in BG1 a FMT with CON 18 always starts with 10 hp (and not just 9).

And max HP for con 17 figher(8)/druid(10) should be 8*5+9*4+1 + (8+10)*3/2 = 77 + 27 = 104

Perhaps somewhat confusing: the last con bonus hp are gained at the 10th druid level, the (yet to get) 9th fighter level then wouldn't get con bonus hp.
  • WallOfTerrorWallOfTerror Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for all the clarifications. I did it as Dyara said, 104, makes sense.