Skip to content

NPC as Bhaalspawn

moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
edited May 2016 in Off-Topic
So I'm intending to roll up Garrick as Gorian's Ward, copy his stats, portrait and soundset and proceed to make Garrick the new God of Murder.

All good so far, I see no flaw with this. A worthy pursuit.

Mulling it over, after the tome boosts he actually ends up with a fairly decent stat line which made me wonder what other NPC's would look pretty appealing if they too also got all of the tomes. Who in your opinion, out of all the available NPCs (BG1 or BG2) would be fun to play all the way through as Gorian's Ward?

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Viconia has a very suitable mindset for becoming the new Lady of Murder!

I'm not sure what Lolth would think of it. Or Shar, seeing that Viccy is one of her priestesses.
  • drakirdrakir Member Posts: 61
    Interesting concept. Are you going to roleplay him as Garrick too and remove the "real" Garrick from the game?

I take it possible candidates are restricted to BG1 joinable NPCs?
    In which case i nominate Xan(it plays well with his "We are all doomed" thing and he has a reason to investigate the Nashkel mines)
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @drakir You of course mean the doppleganger who is trying to copy Gorian's Ward? :)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    @decado In the end that would only work for a Doppelganger Bhaalspawn. But seeing that Bhaal coupled with Fire Giants, Kobolds, Xvarts, Dragons, and just about everything this side of Mustard Jellies, that wouldn't surprise me! :grin:
  • drakirdrakir Member Posts: 61
    @decado Touché
    (That would be a great mod, BTW. Set charname to a fixed playable NPC(in this case Garrick) and replace the original with a doppelganger)
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm also planning on an IWD:EE run with BG1 (and maybe BG2) NPCs. It depends on who's voicesets I can get.

I'm thinking;

Kagain (maybe Korgan)
    Garrick
    Jaheira
    Imoen (with an aim to dual-class)
    Xzar
    Branwen (as a Priest of Tempus)