Skip to content

Old companions should retain equipment from bg1ee

red_codecred_codec Member Posts: 44
On my first playthrough. Met a comapnion from the original bgee and i was shocked her equipment from bg1 wasn't on her.... I think they added all the original equipment from original companions in a chest at the ducal palace and it follows with you but I noticed alot of gear became lost/disappeared in the midway transition after progressing further into the game.

I hope devs include an option in future to select to have companions who will be in SOD retain their bgee equipment on their persons, it makes more sense.

Comments

• LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    The equipment from your group will be in you chest at the duchal palace and this chest stays with you the entire game in the Flaming First camp, nothing from the chest was lost in my playthroughs.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Lore OP is making a point the gear should be on their person, and not in a random chest.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Equipped items are supposed to stay on the companion, backpack items are supposed to be dumped in the chest.

However, this behaviour was a bit buggy. I don't know if the latest patch sorted it.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    I do get that but not all companions are available so that would make some equipment unavailable. The companions who you do meet does have their Gear on their person. I recruited Neera and she had all her stuff from BG1 same with a few more.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Will it contain an NPC mods equipment too?
  • red_codecred_codec Member Posts: 44
    Lore said:

The equipment from your group will be in you chest at the duchal palace and this chest stays with you the entire game in the Flaming First camp, nothing from the chest was lost in my playthroughs.

No it does NOT. For some reason, after the transition into the woods after leaving baldur's gate, ALOT of the items just disappeared from the chest. I had to go use EE keeper to add back alot of my lost items.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    red_codec said:

No it does NOT. For some reason, after the transition into the woods after leaving baldur's gate, ALOT of the items just disappeared from the chest. I had to go use EE keeper to add back alot of my lost items.

As has been mentioned, the chest is a bit buggy. @Dee, is this fixed in 2.2?

• JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Not sure if Kagain shows up later or not, but if not, his equipment most definitely did not show up in the chest.