Skip to content

Zzharg Mad-Eye. No reload run

MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
I am posting it in the no-reload thread, but just wanted to copy the posts here in case I want to revisit it at some point, so everything is together :-)

----------
After a couple of attempts (including a hilarious half-orc fighter/thief who needed the guards to kill Tarnesh, got beaten up in a fist fight by Marl and was petrified by a basilisk), this one looks like a keeper so I will start telling about the no-reload run :-) So far I am level 5/6, have the main items (ring free action, green amulet, bukler to regenerate while sleeping) and will soon go to Nashkell.

Name: Zzharg Mad-Eye
Race: Duergar (dwarf in-game, using grey skin). Help explain why he prefers to travel by night (which in reality is to improve hide %!)
Alignment: Neutral evil.
Class: Warrior/Thief
Stats: Min-maxed. 18/00-17-19-10-11-10
Difficulty: Core
Personality: Greedy, selfish little bastard that has no problem for killing, robbing, lying or using people if it keeps him alive (at the beginning of the game) or helps him deal with his destiny (if the no-reload takes off)

3 Mirtul 1368

Just bought this blank book at the Friendly Arms Inn and I am gonna start a diary. Need to keep track of my to-kill list. Last couple of days have been hectic: Father is dead. We were not in good terms but he saved my life. The debt must be repaid.

Have been attacked since, as there seems to be a bounty on my head, no idea why. I guess because I found the ring of wizardy hidden in Father's clothes? Well, sold it at the first chance some minutes ago and am now a rich dwarf. If they want it, they can take on the Inn for all I care. I will leave unnoticed tonight and abandon Imoen with Father's friends. They can take care of her or perhaps sneak her back in Candlekeep. We met them and immediately started speaking about going to Nashkell and this and that. Who the hell told you to give me orders, woman? Won't be long before that cursed druid asks me to share the money for one cause or another. Ain't happenin'.

To-Kill List:
Armored man
Woman Cleric with him

[...]

5 Mirtul

Racists! Damn humans. Got into a conflict as soon as I got to Beregost yesterday night. Some old man saying "my kin is not liked here" and such. I let it slide and then followed him home and murdered him. This morning, his lover comes to the Feldenpost Inn, claiming I did it! No proof, of course. Thankfully a friend of Father was around and said I would never do such a thing. Moron. If he liked Father so much, maybe I can get some money off him.

Turns out the drunk man meant adventurers and not duergars. His son was one and dissapeared fighting basilisks, which are becoming a threat to the city as they wander closer and closer every year. I promised to get rid of them in Marl's memory. THey all clapped. Fools. Will just go there and see if I can get some good valuables out of those statues.

To-Kill List:
Armored man
Woman Cleric with him

[...]

8 Mirtul

I am a hero in Beregost! Got rid of the basilisks. It so happens that Korax, Marl's son, had become a disgusting ghoul. Something to do with a demonic cult, he said. He only wanted to go back to daddy before insanity consumed him, he said. Told him his daddy died of grief as he thought the basilisks had got to him, and the way to avenge him was to kill the basilists. Just for the laughs, you know. Ghoul statue and all that. Well, apparently dead flesh is immune to their gaze! Poor soul went on a rampage, killing all the stupid beasts and a crazy gnome that was training them. Slayed Korax while he was eating the gnome. Told him the truth about daddy's death first, though. Just for the laughs. After all, he was an evil undead.

To-Kill List:
Armored man
Woman Cleric with him

9 Mirtul

Met a bard called Garrick. Good singer. His previous boss killed herself with a spell and he is out of a job, so hired him to make a song about me. I am a hero, right? Although some fatman refused to let me stay in the best room of the Inn. Perhaps he needs "convincing".

To-Kill List:
Armored man
Woman Cleric with him
Algernon

10 Mirtul

Accused of murder. Again. By that idiotic friend of Marl. Again. This is getting old. So yeah, I wear his cloack. So what? He gave it to me. The bard has done a great job telling people I am innocent, for a small sum. Good chap this Garrick. People like him. I can use that. When things calm down, I will kill that rat that keeps accusing me. In the meantime, will travel north with the bard, to Ulgorth Beard. He has to deliver a package as a last service and I have nothing better to do.

To-Kill List:
Armored man
Woman Cleric with him
Marl's friend

[...]

15 Mirtul

Back in Beregost. Nobody calls me a hero. How can people be so fikle? Now it is some drow called Drizzt, that passed by yesterday and had killed a mad priest or some boring stuff like that. Get your own town to get worshipped at, drow!

On the good side of things, the priest's zombies killed my accuser and everyone believes now that he killed the others too.

To-Kill List:
Armored man
Woman Cleric with him
Drizzt

16 Mirtul

Tracking the drow. Garrick convinced an elven hunter that the drow is in league with some bandits that killed his wife so he is helping us find him. Fool.

To-Kill List:
Armored man
Woman Cleric with him
Drizzt

18 Mirtul

Killed the drow near Nashkell. Took me two days to prepare the trap, but it was worth it. Who is the hero now, Drittz? Hmm. Nevermind. At least nobody can accuse me this time. We were in the middle of nowhere.

To-Kill List:
Armored man
Woman Cleric with him

19 Mirtul

Accused of murder. AGAIN. How do people know? Honestly. How? Must have been one of these kids running around in the wilderness. How can there be so many? And I complained about Gorion's parenting. Promised to help with the mine to prove I am not a killer.

To-Kill List:
Armored man
Woman Cleric with him

AerakarJuliusBorisovArtonalolienCrevsDaak

Comments

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2016
    Well, had to kill the guards to enter the mine and my reputation went to 1, so as they say in for a penny, in for a pound. This is really not the story I was planning (specially Garrick leaving. Had forgotten about reputation 1 and neutral characters), but hey, that's the no reload way!

Side notes:
    - It is really cheap to increase reputation in Temples!
    - Evil dreams are so much cooler!
    - Had forgotten about Nimbul with all this stuff going on. He casted horror on me but the guards/rasaad killed him off-screen while I was running around. A couple of guards keep being enemies, so I guess no more Nashkell for me. Anyway, need to remember to be careful.

----------------

20 Mirtul

What a mess. Not sure how I am getting out of this one. It all started with a dream while I was watching over that mad artist near the mines. Father dying, in front of me, again and again.

Woke up in a bad mood. Not because of Father, didnt care too much. But, how to describe it? It wasnt a bad mood. It was more like hunger. Hunger for death. I thought it was fitting, given that I would probably have to kill something down there in the mines. That's when that stupid miner came in. "Save us, sir" he said while clinching to my armor "you are our only hope". I pushed him aside and he screamed like I was sucking his life out of him. Which, as a matter of fact, and dont ask me how, I was. Even before his dried up carcass hit the floor, those damn soldiers starting shooting at me. See what I am getting to? It was not my fault. Had to kill them, you see. Self defense. And then, had to kill all the witnesses. One managed to escape inside the mine...

Long story short: They are dead. All of them. Miners. Guards. Kobolds. Coward tainting the ore. Even a couple spiders that were just minding their own business. All murdered.

Dont know what came over me but gotta rush to Nashkell before the story breaks out.

21 Mirtul

Garrick was a good chap. Not very smart, though. Had to kill him. Looking at his torn body right now while I write

Went back to Nashkell and he was waiting for me on the outskirts. All the amnian guard was looking for me. Even some bounty hunters. Somebody had seen the massacre and as I wasnt a dead body they assumed I did it. Good news, he said, was that with the mines massacre, nobody remembered the drow. Funny guy. Will miss him. The bard said that the only way out was to find another mass murderer and put the blame on him: Captain Brage.

So off we went looking for him. Started telling him about the mines during dinner. For the ballad he was writing, you know? He couldnt stomach it. Maybe I was too explicit. "How could you do that" he screamed in horror. He has a point, actually, and I have been wondering myself. More than 50 people brutally murdered and not a scratch? Amazing skills. But that's not what he meant, apparently. He tried to run away, the fool. Had to put him down. He knew too much. And, you know, he had some of my hard earned loot.

Gaming note: Garrick left the group and was wearing Algernon's cloak so I clicked him to talk (so he would stop walking) an then backstabbed him.

22 Mirtul

Man, I'm messed up. Another dream. Another massacre. I wonder if Father knew this would happen, it would explain him locking me up in Candlekeep and the always present fear in his eyes when talking to me.

This time it was a whole village. Men. Women. Children. At least I assume there were women and children as Xvarts are small and androginous so dont really know. Anyway, all dead. Again, the hunger. The need for murder. Burned the place down after killing everyone. It was... exhilarating. I need to control these impulses or it will be the end of me. Anyway, I guess I can cross genocide off the list of things to do before I am 30.

23 Mirtul

Found Brage. He was a raving madman with no recollection of what he had done. Was easy to bring him to justice and frame him for it. Actually, very easy. To calm him down I just had to answer a riddle. All he actually killed could not? They deserve death then.

Anyways, on the way back I told him what he had done, including the Mines massacre and the Xvart genocide. He believed every word of it and confessed it to the priest. And you know what? Now, HE is hailed as a hero. He killed them, sure, but it was a curse, not a willful act. And he saved the mines from the kobolds after all. The Xvarts were a threat to the farmers so that was a good deed. Yada-yada-yada. What the hell? Where are the bounty hunters? The guard chasing him? The planned execution? Racists. He even sold all the loot from the mines (that I had given him) and shared it will all the affected families. That is, all the families in Nashkell. Sickening. How can you give gold away like that? A madman, I tell you

At least, I am off the hook now. Need to keep a low profile. Some guards are on to me.

To-Kill List:
    Armored man
    Woman Cleric with him
    Oublek (where is my reward, fat bastard?)

Post edited by MacHurto on
    JuliusBorisovArtonalolienCrevsDaak