Skip to content

Dual-Classed Druid Can't Cast Spells

DurendalDurendal Member Posts: 32
Basically what it says. I ran a Berserker through BGEE and imported them over to BGEE 2. I dualed at Level 9, and while the character meets all the prerequisites, and I'm able to memorize the spells, the icon to actually cast them is grayed out.

I'm using the Steam version updated to the latest patch, and my game is not modded. I did not play through SoD if that matters at all. I can post the save file if it would help.

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    So to clarify. You dual classed at level 9 Berserker and then levelled up to a level 10 Druid?
  • DurendalDurendal Member Posts: 32
    I haven't experimented with dual classing before now, but isn't the second class set to level 1?
    I've got spells in my spell book and can memorize them, I just can't seem to use them.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    You have to get 1 level higher in the second class to regain abilities from the first, so as Decado said, reach level 10. It's worth researching all class ablilities - for instance getting the 1/2 attack at level 13 as a fighter is invaluable. Not all of it is on the internet. I haven't looked at the manuals Beamdog has provided yet, but the class tables used to be at the back of the TOB manual.
    I understand that I'm not going to get my Berserker abilities back for a while, the problem is that I don't have access to my Druid abilities, namely spellcasting, despite the game saying that I should.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    edited May 2016
    Whoops you're right, I must be getting older than I thought. Dual classing seems pretty buggy, I experiemented with it once, and lost all previous weapon profs.
    After reaching Druid Level 3, (A large amount of quest exp caused me to jump ahead) my spells suddenly started working. I've got no idea why this happened in the first place but the issue seems to have resolved itself.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Stupid question: did you rest after choosing your spells to memorize?
    About a week too late to matter, but I did.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    No worries - it was a dumb question, but I have learned through bitter experience that sometimes the dumb questions are the right ones to ask myself ;) At least that was not the case here though - the mystery remains.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited May 2016
    I know about this issue, for some reason Beamdog added an effect since 2.0 that prevents spellcasting for Berserkers by simply disabling the button (#144) instead of disable spellcasting (#145) as used on armor, so scripts would still allow spellcasting. I have no idea why it's there but it is and it doesn't make any sense or is in any way justified in (game) lore/kit description. Someone need to submit a ticket about this.

If you are can use EEKeeper or Near Infinity you need to remove the effect 144 from your character in your savegame. Also replace AP_SPCL322 with **** in CLABFI02.2DA so it doesn't happen with next patch unless it's fixed by then.