Skip to content

Main character: BG1 voices in BG2 and vice versa !

Hello all,

Looking for a mod that would allow me to use the main character voices from BG1:EE (Male1-6 and Female1-4) into BG2:EE and the ones from BG2:EE into BG1:EE. I thought Smeagolheart had developed it based on a 2013 thread, but after having a private discussion with the man, it appears not to be the case.

If anyone has done it already, or actually has the skills/time to do it, please let me know where I can get that mod from. The best I was able to do personally was installing the very old CD's and copying the "Sounds" folder content into the override folder into the appropriate BG:EE folders... Except the sounds are very very low and near impossible to hear even with voices set at maximum in-game.

If you have that/make that, please reply or send me a PM.
Thank you !

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    The good news is that I believe I have the files you need. The bad news is I'm not at my gaming computer at the moment. I'll see what I can do in the morning, but in the meantime, you should just be able to copy and rename the files from the sounds folder (lang>en_US>sounds) and drop them into the other game's sounds folder. It should be that simple for both games now (it used to be much harder for BG1EE), although the renaming will be a pain if you don't have any sort of bulk renaming utility.
    Francois42424
  • Francois42424Francois42424 Member Posts: 44
    wow, I... did not know they where that easy to find.
    Going to bed tonight, but I'll try that tomorrow and see how it goes, but I got this feeling this will work right away.

Thanks.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited May 2016
    It should work but no subtitles... possible with the sound bugs you will not get selection sounds
    Francois42424
  • Francois42424Francois42424 Member Posts: 44
    Jarrakul said:

The good news is that I believe I have the files you need. The bad news is I'm not at my gaming computer at the moment. I'll see what I can do in the morning, but in the meantime, you should just be able to copy and rename the files from the sounds folder (lang>en_US>sounds) and drop them into the other game's sounds folder. It should be that simple for both games now (it used to be much harder for BG1EE), although the renaming will be a pain if you don't have any sort of bulk renaming utility.

It should work but no subtitles... possible with the sound bugs you will not get selection sounds

You guys are both right;

I have BG2 voices (Male 1-5 and Female 1-4) into my BG1:ee override folder and the voices play just fine now... And I also do not have any subtitles. Since the subtitles are not a concern to me most of the times, this is perfect and will do until/unless someone comes out with a workable subtitle mod in the future.

Also, the selection sound (ie: Clicking on my character) works fine... at least in version 1.3.20 which I am running.

Thanks a lot. Now I only have to move BG1 voices into BG2 and it's all set.
    Good night all !
    jackjackJarrakul