Skip to content

Replacing the "hide in shadows" command?

PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
I never use the hide in shadows script for party members because it drives me crazy hearing them repeat the same command announcement every six seconds. There used to be a mod that took care of this, but it hasn't been updated in ages and therefore won't replace the necessary sound files for Hexxat, Rasaad, etc. It also replaced the sound effect IIRC, which I don't want.

Is it as simple as putting a blank .wav file in override and naming it to the appropriate character sound? If so, could someone please tell me the name of the hide in shadows sound file for the new npcs, particularly Hexxat (or how to find out on my own)? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    edited May 2016
    @Purudaya I don't think you would want to delete a wav file from the game, as I remember with my old Jon Irenicus soundset... If it tries to read a nonexistent file, the game will crash (or it did before because of another reason), so I would suggest replacing the HIS sound with a silent wav...
    EDIT: I found out... The wav file name will be something like male55.wav, which is the 5th sound in the male5 soundset. So, whatever soundset you want the HIS silent wav on, just name a silent wav file XXXXXXX5.wav, replacing the X's with the soundset name, and place it in the override folder. I don't know if you need a specific Hz for the wav, though. You can look that up, I think.
    Purudaya
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    @Xzanah Thanks for the quick reply - I have a silent .wav file ready but I'm not sure what to name it as I don't know the soundset name. Is there a way to access the soundset files so I can play through them and find the right one?

They're not accessible through the game directory so I'm guessing I'll need to use Near Infinity?
    edited May 2016
    @Purudaya I believe there is a way to view sound files, I just have to find out how. In on mobile, but even I can do something if I stick to it. Shouldn't take long :)

EDIT: try hexxat5.wav, and see if it works. I just looked in the internal data and saw a file termed "Hexxat.bif"... Idk if it'll work but you can try. Near infinity might be a good idea.
    Purudaya
    I really appreciate the assist :smile:
    Xzanah
    Purudaya said:

I really appreciate the assist :smile:

Not a problem, though if it doesn't work, you can try someone else. I'm out of answers XD
    I'll give Near Infinity a whirl, and if that doesn't work I'm sure you're right and someone else will have some more info. Thanks!
    Xzanah